Alaska Leather Sheep Skin Butt Pad is..... Awesome!

sti491

So I have a post on here showing my upholstery job adding memory foam and a really nice custom seat cover. It's a huge improvement.

I am going on my fist fairly long ride in two weeks with 2 other bikers, my son and a good friend. I have only riden 200 miles a day so far. This is a 3 day trip to Diamondback, a NC twisty mountain road north of and similar to Tail of the Dragon. We are staying at Little Switzerland and really looking forward to the technical twists, as well as beautiful cruising on the Bluge Ridge Parkway.

I was still worried about being sore. I'm twice the age of the other 2 riders. I researched and like the concept of a sheep skin, especially because I custom designed it so it's easy to take on and off, so pressure points are different with and without it, hopefully making things more comfy.

Barb at Alaska Leather was a joy to work with. This thing is AMAZING. Not only is it a perfect fit, it looks killer and the comfort is off the chart! I highly recommend!

Attachments

sti491

All the old timers reckon Sheepskin is the best thing for touring.
That's me. 64 years young!

2 days before we leave on our trip. Can't wait! Changing the oil & filter, cleaning, adjusting and waxing the chain, looking for leaks and loose things today.