Aftermarket Corbin Seat

sammy56

SpawnXX

Premium Member

sammy56

Which materials (and colors) did you go with?
Went with black leather seat and vinyl sides. Corbin made the recommendations....got the same as Barry (BKP). Only difference is on the "riser" back rest looking part, there is a winged logo on mine. I didn't ask for, it just came that way...looks good though.

LB

Cerebus

I am thinking the black bomber leather, but would really prefer to see the pic of a real seat with it as opposed to the little swatch they show on their site.

SpawnXX

Premium Member

Cerebus

You can request samples of whatever material you want. They will mail them to you priority so you get them quite quickly. Just call them up and mention the materials you want to look at.

All I can suggest is do not go with asphault. It's like leather grip tape.
Good idea. :)

Yeah, from the sounds of the OP, looks like the asphalt is good for the side panels for grip.

BKP

Here it is.....
I put a gel pad I had over the pillion to add cushion for my wife. I strapped the saddlebag over the gel pad.
Can't wait to ride and break in the seat. Got home and it was at the door...took about one minute to put on!

LB
Congratulations on the new butt bucket! Let me know your impressions after you've had a chance to ride it a bit. I think you'll feel a change right out of the gate, however, it *really* begins to pay off after about a thousand miles and up...

And, let me know when you want to get back up into the mountains... Craig and I are planning to ride across the Loop, and up to Blairsville (for ribs), as soon as we both can synch some free time... (he's looking at trading up to a Wee Strom, or F700GS Beamer from his Ninja 300).

SpawnXX

Premium Member

sammy56

I have the risers on now (1 up, 1 back)...also put new brake lines on the front.....Flipped the bottom OEM piece of the riser back to the standard position too.
For the riding I mostly do, commuting, touring and some mountain shredding, all I can say is....AWESOME!!!!!
I now sit all the way back in the seat...total comfort due to Corbin seat and a perfect angle to the bars for me :D:D:D:D
Over the past year I was considering so many alternatives, but I am glad I stuck with my 6R, put a new seat on her and completed a custom ergo set up just for me....Game Changer! (Could have probably gone up 2 inches on the bar...might tinker more next year if bored)
Six years until I turn 50 so I already set up the wife for me getting a new scoot then....until then I am now good to go:):)

LB

tnitro1

corbin seat

just ordered a corbin for my 2013 team blue 2013 will be awhile due to order and snow but I hope its worth it.:D

tnitro1, hello from a fellow Buffalonian! Nice to see someone from my town here, well I'm in Orchard Park specifically.

Keep us posted and let us know how you like the seat. I'm thinking of ordering one myself.

xorbe

I might have one for sale in California soon (plan to sell bike). Got Corbin lettering in black.

tnitro1

hi

Blastoffmike let you know what I think off quality when I get it. When the weather breaks I will try it out. I am over in south Cheektowaga /west Seneca.

Last edited: