Advice/Input on DMP Fender Elim?

dekaliber

Bump. Interested in whether anyone else has this setup as well. It doesn't look like it has any provisions for a license plate light...

Detrich

That looks really nice. I don't see a Lic plate lamp tho. In Cali that's a tix. Cops are pulling ppl over nowadays for FE's. So I decided to leave mine stock.

TheBumblB

dmp FE

i have the DMP FE and it works great... no there is no Lights for your tags. but surfside has those Tag light bolts... they work great as well.

Copper6R11

I have this DMP FE. I also have a tail light with the turn signals integrated. This means no blinkers sticking out of the sides of your FE. Looks great. But yeah, if you want to avvoid a possible ticket, get a small plate light. This FE does have a mounting point for a plate light, you just have to buy one. I got one from a local bike shop, most will fit.

kevin8198

Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member
Last edited:

Copper6R11

Just so you know the Targa is a little more spendy but has an awesome LED plate light. Also with the Targa you really need to bend your plate upwards a bit to avoid the tire hitting it. This may be hard with the DMP since it has a mounting plate, but it looks to be close to the same angle as the Targa. So if the tire does hit it you may need to not only bend the plate back, but the FE itself also.
The tire DOES NOT hit the plate with the DMP FE, you have more than enough clearance. It is perfect if you get the integrated tail light with it. Also, if you want cool looking plate lights...get these. Speed Tactics LED License Lights

they mount directly through the plate holes where your reflectors normally are.

Crocop43

Just so you know the Targa is a little more spendy but has an awesome LED plate light. Also with the Targa you really need to bend your plate upwards a bit to avoid the tire hitting it. This may be hard with the DMP since it has a mounting plate, but it looks to be close to the same angle as the Targa. So if the tire does hit it you may need to not only bend the plate back, but the FE itself also.
I have the targa also, but I never bent my plate And it works fine....although I don't have much potholes or major dips in my area....and tend to avoid them when I can....and yes I do love the led light on the license plate

Crocop43

Also there's a thread about installing stock signals to the fender elim.....just do a search I'd do it for ya but I'm too lazy right now....lol

kevin8198

Elite Member

Copper6R11

Ok, so a question about these: What do you do when you have to change license plates?
"Looks like you would have to re-wire them if you change plates"

The actual LED lights are a bolt themselves that you just tighten on to the two upper holes on your plate and FE. If you change license plates, you just unscrew the 2 LED bolts and bottom two bolts, and them screw them back in on your new plate. You'd only havto rewire if your changing the DMP FE out.

These lights are cool and bright. They come in clear, blue, or red. I got red since my bike is reddish copper.

Copper6R11

...actually the ones i got aren't this brand, but mine the bolt's wiring harness detatches from the bolt if u unlock it.