Additional lighting - where to wire?

Fenixgoon

I got the Denali D2 lighting kit, and it's a nice piece of work. However, without a wiring diagram, I'm not sure which wires are the right ones to tap into.

One wire needs to connect to the low beam light, and the other needs to connect to the high beam light.

Which wires am I looking for on the wiring harness?

edit: it looks like the headlight has black, teal/black, and yellow/black wires. anyone know which ones are for high/low beam?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Roaddawg

I'll take a look in my PDF service manual and see if I can tell. The wiring diagram isn't very clear. Or, PM me your email and I'll send you a copy of the wiring diagram. It's too large of a file to post here.

Last edited:

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Fenixgoon

ok i got it! (sorta)

i connected both of my LED wires to the low-beam wire on the connector to the headlight. according to the instructions, this should have the LEDs function at 100% intensity independent of the motorcycle headlight.

with low-beams on, the LED lights function properly (can be switched on/off).

however, when i switch over to high beams, i lose power to the LED lights. any idea why?

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Fenixgoon

Basically because your connected on the low beam. When you turn it to high beam there's no more power... I will suggest you to do like me if you want to run them whenever you want. Get a 12V relay (usually connection diagram is on the packaging) + and - on the battery, signal wire use the blue wire from the taillight (RH side of the bike under the passenger seat) Send the juice to your switch then lights. BINGO! :welcome:
ok cool! the lighting kit actually has a relay built in, so i just need to re-route the wires to the other end of the bike :D

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

2wheelie

I traced a wire in the splice under the steering bar (there’re a bunch of wires taped around) and found one which has power when you turn the key on (such as tail of signaling lights). I connected the power wire from the LED’s to it and ran it thru the independent switch which I put on the left fairing top. This way I can switch them on or off when I need but they won’t stay on if the key is in the off position. Connected the ground wire above the horn.
You can also run thru the relay, but I don’t think you necessarily need the relay for LED’s as they don’t use lots of power.