A question on mirrors

blue8910

Hi
I got my fz6r 1 year ago today. I decided this summer i wanted a few upgrades. The three major things. Fe's, mirrors and muffler. Ever since i got my bike the major thing i wanted to change was my mirrors. I mean what were they thinking? Anyways. There was a guy named soul something I believe...he posted when i first bought my bike. He had a pic of all 3 main mirror upgrades i could make to my bike. But since i saw that post i cant seem to find it anymore. I dont like the trojan universal mirrors i keep seeing. They look to much like a smaller version of the mirrors already on my bike. What i saw from his pic was a version that had arms that were a bit more to my liking. They had like a black criss cross pattern on the arms. Like diamond holds punched into the arm? If that makes any sense. I just was wondering if those pics were still floating around. Or maybe if someone else has added those? I would love to see those again. If not I guess I would have to get those trojans. Thanks for the help. I look forward to the replys.

bikerMommy

I don't know of the mirrors that you're talking about, but another option is bar end mirrors. I used smoke signals as mirror block off plates.

Attachments

blue8910

Thanks for those. But i dont actually like bar end mirrors. I wish i could describe the mirrors i was looking for better. They were black mirrors. Maybe about 2 to 3 inch stems. They have diamond holes in the stem. And have a nice sporty look to them. The seemed to go more straight out then straight up like the current mirrors. Is that helpful?

JonKerr

Elite Member
F

FZ6Rgurl

These are what I have on mine. They're OEM GSXR mirrors.Gives the bike a bit cleaner look. Hope this helps.:D

blue8910

Haha yeah those are the ones. I guess after a year my memory was a bit off. I have seen some pics with those installed on my bike. That pic still around? The pic that was just posted seems kinda lame. Not sure I would go with that option anymore. I have def. read that post about mirrors. It seems mostly pro Trojan mirrors and maybe the bar mirrors and anti everything else. I would love to see the roaring toyz one mounted again. And any comment on installing them? And how they may hold up? My brother has a R6 and just installed some integrated mirrors and they broke the first time he tried to adjust them. So im totally weary of after market parts now.

wallerjt217

I have these R6S mirrors very easy to put on and cheap too!! You have to drill a few holes but not hard Its soo easy a caveman can do it!! Hope this helps

Attachments

blue8910

Cool thanks guys. Yeah seeing those mirrors installed makes me def. reconsider what i thought i wanted. I prob will end up with the trojans or those r6s ones. The only thing is I dont want do any drilling if at all possible....Just in case I want to change the look in the future you know? If im not mistaken the Trojans dont have to be drilled right?

JonKerr

Elite Member

MDRaven0223

I have these R6S mirrors very easy to put on and cheap too!! You have to drill a few holes but not hard Its soo easy a caveman can do it!! Hope this helps
How is the visibility on the R6S mirrors? Don't really like the look of the stock mirrors but worry that others won't provide adequate visibility with the more upright riding position.

MikeN02

How is the visibility on the R6S mirrors? Don't really like the look of the stock mirrors but worry that others won't provide adequate visibility with the more upright riding position.
Been talked about before, stock is 10/10. R6S is 9/10. Trojan is 4/10.

wallerjt217

My mirrors are awesome!! better than the stock!! The visibility is really good as well I was surprised!

JonKerr

Elite Member
F

FZ6Rgurl

Did those mirrors bolt up fine? Also, do you have the blinkers wired? Thanks
Yeah, the guythat put them on had to shave a bit off of the hole in order for them to fit correctly. And the blinkers are wired up. He spliced them to blink with my flushmounts.

blue8910

I have read the trojans are terrible to install. Except for the few who said they made it work with the seal. And I guess I will take the mirrors off today and see whatcha were talking about in drilling. I was under the impression that if i drilled into the bike i wouldnt be able to reinstall the originals. Guess I was wrong there. My brother actually has an r6 so i will ask him if he still has his stock mirrors floating around. And visuals on mirrors have never been something I look into. Im actually quite tall. 6ft 6in in fact. So nothing works very well for me. So hey maybe even the pig spotters? Although last I looked they were well over 100 for a set. I will keep ya posted on what I decide. On a good note just finished my first upgrade. Giant fender gone. And god it looks way better already.

Newmason

Where did everyone get there r6s mirrors and which year? I am def going the R6s route. The girlfriend said I need to lose the bug mirrors!