A New F-Trip Record For Me

ChUcK

As I was pulling into the gas station the bike started to die on me... anybody ever taken the F-trip to even greater limits?

slaythoven

Wow. The furthest I've gone on F-Trip is like 22 miles. I was sweating bullets trying to get to a gas station.

JSP

Super Moderator
Careful running it out of gas like that. The fuel pump uses the fuel for lubrication and you can burn it up running it dry.

killabee

can anyone tell me exactly how many miles we're suppose to get on a full tank of gas? my FZ6R is all stock. I normally fill up my tank around 130-140 miles and I still have one bar left on the fuel gauge.

slaythoven

can anyone tell me exactly how many miles we're suppose to get on a full tank of gas? my FZ6R is all stock. I normally fill up my tank around 130-140 miles and I still have one bar left on the fuel gauge.
Depending on how much highway, I usually go between 150 and 170 (including F-Trip miles) before fueling up. I'm all stock as well.

killabee

I ride my bike to work which is about 23 miles one way. And 21 of the miles is all freeway. So I'm assuming I should get around 150-170 as well.

CtrlAltDl

I was nervous when I put 20 miles on my F-Trip. I'm glad to know it will quite a bit more than that.

The most I've gone is 190 miles on a tank and that was at 47MPG.

ksanbon

I figure mine has a little over 1.25 gallons at that point.

CrazyCawi

how do u fill the reserve if you use it?

On my cruiser you have to flip a fuel lever and fill that, then flip it back and fill the main tank....looked in owners manual but didnt see how its done or is it automaticlly topped off when u fill the bike?

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

MiltonDorkenhoff

Search, THEN post.
Elite Member

kma_jg

I've done 75 km (45 miles) on the reserve before. When filled up, it took 17.30 liters. As much as the specs say the tank is.