4 day trip, no luggage?

Roadking013

So i'm about to take a 4 day trip to the mountains this weekend and I want to ride my bike there. I don't have saddle bags or a tail bag of any kind though. I have a backpack and a bungee net for the back seat

any suggestions on how i can pack my bike ?

ylwf3vr

Well if your backpack is fairly big.. Roll everything tightly and use a gallon size ziplock to pack things into. Large things like pants, sweaters obviously won't work but light small things will work. This way things will be compact and leave more room.

latony007

So i'm about to take a 4 day trip to the mountains this weekend and I want to ride my bike there. I don't have saddle bags or a tail bag of any kind though. I have a backpack and a bungee net for the back seat

any suggestions on how i can pack my bike ?
Very carefully? LOL. I could never get away with 4 days of crap in a backpack. Im one of those peaheads that fills a whole suitcase to go for that long! You can probably stretch some kind of duffle bag along the back seat and strap it down with the bungee net on the grab rail. just make sure it doesn't hang over the taillight.

JSP

Super Moderator
A duffle bag bungied to the back. Backpack strapped to the top of it.. Get a tank bag...?

Or get some actual luggage ;)

bleedinblue

Elite Member

latony007

You can pack a few small bags like duffel's and backpacks,tie them together securely, roll it up in a tarp, then you just have one big piece of gear to secure.Just use your brain if you do it, heaviest items on the bottom, even weight on both sides and go for a few small test rides before you actually leave for your trip.

Sent from my BNTV600 using Tapatalk 4
good idea. will keep them dry too. the tank bags don't hold much more than your wallet and phone and keys. if your going to get a bag id just bite the bullet and get saddle bags, ones easily removeable since I think saddle bags just look wrong on sport bikes :) but I have a nice set on my cruiser.

Bert-Aus

4 days =
2 pr jocks/socks (remember 1 pr = 2days(reversible))
2 tops
1 Warm Jumper (doubles as a pillow)
1 sleeping bag + tarpaulin or swagg (Australian tarpaulin & sleeping bag in one)
Riding gear

... your sorted!
What else apart from beer and food do you need?

latony007

4 days =
2 pr jocks/socks (remember 1 pr = 2days(reversible))
2 tops
1 Warm Jumper (doubles as a pillow)
1 sleeping bag + tarpaulin or swagg (Australian tarpaulin & sleeping bag in one)
Riding gear

... your sorted!
What else apart from beer and food do you need?
Reversible? LOL

RoadTrip

Nelson-Rigg, CL-950's, $120, super easy on and off, used em on the FZ6R, work just as well on the gixxer - love those bags. I don't use tank bags anymore, I like it clean up front.

bleedinblue

Elite Member