3D videography

Spunky99

I've been wanting to do this for a long time but always was missing something essential. Either mounts, cams or software was missing and the learning curve needed time to get over.
Well, this is my 3D helmet mount and I've just started to record videos.
I'm thinking about a trip to the snake (Mulholland Dr) this coming weekend to get some good action shots in the twisties. So far I can make the side by side mode my 3D TV likes and also the red/cyan old skool Anaglyphs for youtube.
Saturday is predicted to be a spectacular day and hopefully I will get some nice footage. I'll be riding with a throat mic with an over the ear acoustic ear piece to a walkie talkie so possibly I can do some "follow the bike" shots while communicating with the other bikers so I don't conflict with squids and Police.
I'm sure rnickeymouse will be interested. He is always there on the weekends shooting video from tripod and RC helicopter of the bikers.

I shoot the video, use StereoMovieMaker to synchronize the frame start and create the movie. When I save it, it's limitation is that it saves in 10 second segments and I use Pinnacle Studio 14 Unlimited to stitch them all back together. For some reason the vehicles are all flattened down in the movie and I'm trying to figure out how to correct that.

Here is rnickeymouse's channel if interested:
rnickeymouse - YouTube

My helmet is a Scorpion EXO 700.

Here is my ride home from work. I haven't converted my ride to work yet as it was at sunrise and overcast so the video color and brightness wasn't worth the trouble. You will need the red/cyan glasses...the cheap ones work just fine!

Work to Home Anaglyph.avi - YouTube

Spunky99

I am completely reconfiguring my system. The helmet causes divergence in the cams due to mount placement on the only flat spots available. I have suction cup cam mounts, dual cam mount bar and a bunch of fun stuff all arriving by Friday. Gonna be epic and the weather will be perfect.
I plan on being at the famous turn (lots o' crashes) where rnickeymouse films from around 9 or 9:30 AM.
Anyone in the area with a Fz6R from this forum will get some 3D video shot with a 3D bike cam mounted on my front wind shield going around the twisties...Time for some knee down action......I can also do 2D helmet cam action as I have mounts both left and right on the helmet.

Anyone interested PM me. I will be bringing a FRS/GMRS walkie talkie with in helmet ear and throat mic so we can communicate if you have any comms. Not looking to go fast but rather get some nice safe and clean turns and some knee down action.

This activity was approved by the Wife.....yayyyyyyyyyy

Sage

Have fun! too bad I don't live anywhere near there or else I'd join in lol

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Spunky99

At this point it is just a beginning hobby stage effort.

Chase cam.......