3 Years.... grumble grumble. Hi all.

bowie

Well hello from Australia again.

You know I had my Red Xj6 up all ready sale, then the Victorian government went and introduced this new "GLS" bullshit, meaning a new rider like myself is limited to the "lams" approved, or (A2 for you poms) bikes for 3years now instead of 1.

Not that I disliked my Xj6, but I was ready to pass it on and get something a bit more aggressive, just because.

But since that's all changed and I have to keep it for another 24months I might as well make the most of it and tart it up with lighter bits and stiffer thats as much as possible.

Now having said that I'm a new rider, and have yet been to the track, that's being fixed on the 14th of December so we will see how it feels under a controlled environment honestly.

I have mind to do many many track days on this so I imagine this things will morph from it's current form into a harder track focused bike. well, as much as one can and budget will allow. Read I'm a tight arse and will prefer the McGuyver end of the mod spectrum. Speaking of such has anyone cut the rear end of the stock rear sets off? lol. "LAMS" riders aren't allowed to carry pillion, this bike is a "LAMS" bike so it will never see a pillion. Reckon there might be a 1kg in there if you just saw from behind the rear brake booster hahaha.

Long story short I'll be hanging around to pick the brains of those whom have done this before me and hopefully share a laugh from all the things I f*ck up on the way.

Should be fun either way. :D

Last edited:

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

buzzbomb

Elite Member

bowie

well sure, already have, but since the rear set is huge, and continue as a single piece, why not just chop it off a few cm's after the securing bolts?

But anyway. we are atlking about grams here. honestly.. pfffft Still fun is fun, even if it is psychological

Attachments

Last edited: