2nd oil analysis looking good

dekaliber

Just changed my oil last week for the second time and got the oil analysis back from Blackstone. Most wear metals are now less than the break-in sample and below universal averages, despite some pretty aggressive riding since then. Good news all around!

EDIT: D'oh, it resized the heck out of my image. For some reason PNG files have a dimensional limit. Reuploaded as JPG.

Attachments

Last edited:

JSP

Super Moderator
Thats great! No way to read your image though haha.

Oil analysis is the only way to truly know what is going on inside your engine and the length you can go between changes. Good job!

djf18374

How many miles have you put on since the first oil change? How many are on the bike? What oil did you use to change last time and this time, and what filter did you use?

Sorry for the questions, but I just like to know :)

dekaliber

Thats great! No way to read your image though haha.

Oil analysis is the only way to truly know what is going on inside your engine and the length you can go between changes. Good job!
Oops. For some reason it resized my PNG. I reuploaded as a JPG and it's better now.

How many miles have you put on since the first oil change? How many are on the bike? What oil did you use to change last time and this time, and what filter did you use?

Sorry for the questions, but I just like to know :)
First oil change was done at 450, this last one at 1570. I kept it relatively easy for the first 450 miles -- mostly under 5,800 per the manual with occasional trips to no more than 8-9K.

I used Yamalube 10W40 for both oil changes. I replaced the factory filter with a K&N filter (#204 I think -- whatever was recommended for our bike) for the break-in service. I didn't change the filter this last time.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member