2014 model release details?

new2yam

Any rumors on the next model? I did a search on here but couldn't find anything. I'm mainly wanting to know if the next model will be a significant change, or just a refined model that looks identical.

BKP

This is just speculation, but with the release of the new triple (fz-09), I think you can expect Yamaha to begin rolling it out, using the new tooling, to most of their sport, and begin releasing it in their adventure model. They may hold back on the Star line depending on the success of the Bolt. But, this is just guesswork...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

new2yam

Thanks BKP! I just want to time it right if I'm looking to buy new in a month or two. In some sense there being little known about it is a comfort - and if I take the plunge and don't wait it out, I won't be able to kick myself all that much if a change does happen since I didn't really know.

Side note: If you could get a factory new 2012 or 2013 - is there anything that would push you towards the '12 (minus cost)?

And another side note: What months were the '12 and '13 released? ...figure that might make playing the guessing game a little easier. ;)

Last edited:

yillbs

Thanks BKP! I just want to time it right if I'm looking to buy new in a month or two. In some sense there being little known about it is a comfort - and if I take the plunge and don't wait it out, I won't be able to kick myself all that much if a change does happen since I didn't really know.

Side note: If you could get a factory new 2012 or 2013 - is there anything that would push you towards the '12 (minus cost)?

And another side note: What months were the '12 and '13 released? ...figure that might make playing the guessing game a little easier. ;)
I think it's generally more of a november / october time frame for releases, just before holiday season.

If you are talking about the FZ6R '12 and 13'. Then yes, there is a difference. cost, if you can find ( doubtful ) a factory 12, you can walk out paying less than 6k in some cases, or just above it. the 13's will still have the stiff prices, maybe 100 or so off. also, new factory bikes get nice yamaha cash allowances once they start reaching a bit to old ( such as the 12's, ) I think they have like 800 bucks on 'em now. Maybe even a grand.

the 2012 and the 2013 are exactly the same in every way, minus the red frame on the white version for 13. If you don't mind paying about 300-400 more, the red framed white fz6r looks pretty sick. If you don't care about the red frame, then get a 12. That's what i did :)

2013 Fz6r satin

I think it's generally more of a november / october time frame for releases, just before holiday season.

If you are talking about the FZ6R '12 and 13'. Then yes, there is a difference. cost, if you can find ( doubtful ) a factory 12, you can walk out paying less than 6k in some cases, or just above it. the 13's will still have the stiff prices, maybe 100 or so off. also, new factory bikes get nice yamaha cash allowances once they start reaching a bit to old ( such as the 12's, ) I think they have like 800 bucks on 'em now. Maybe even a grand.

the 2012 and the 2013 are exactly the same in every way, minus the red frame on the white version for 13. If you don't mind paying about 300-400 more, the red framed white fz6r looks pretty sick. If you don't care about the red frame, then get a 12. That's what i did :)
gotta go with the red frame if you have the chance...you just gotta!!

JonKerr

Elite Member
Last edited:

JonKerr

Elite Member

Detrich

I think those are the limited run, "Race Blu" edition of the bikes. Not for the US. (Thank god)

Last years Race Blu was much better imo

Nik2133

ABS on 2014 FZ6R?

I'm really torn between the Ninja 650 ABS and the FZ6R. :confused: The *only* thing that keeps the 650 still in the reckoning is that it has ABS. If the 6R had ABS, then it'd be a slam dunk.

Does anyone know if Yamaha would offer ABS as an option on the 2014 FZ6R?

MichaelInVenice

Lot of Class, Mostly Low
Elite Member

Detrich

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Nik2133

The 6R brakes are pretty forgiving and not very aggressive. No need for ABS unless you use the brakes like a on/off switch! LOL Just be easy on the rear brake if you brake hard... you should not use the rear brake regardless if you brake hard.
Thanks, Marthy - this really helps in my decision-making! Now that that 2014 colors are out, I've a choice of 4 bikes I guess - the 2013 White+Red, Yamaha-Blue and for 2014 the Red+White and the Black.

Last edited:

Detrich

The 2014 blue R1 looks sickkkkkkkk

new2yam

Wow, I guess I timed this thread perfectly! Thanks to everyone who chimed in. Personally I prefer the blue/white and black/red color schemes. Now to hunt down a brand new 2012 and leave the dealer hurtin'... :sinister:

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

Detrich

The 6R brakes are pretty forgiving and not very aggressive. No need for ABS unless you use the brakes like a on/off switch! LOL Just be easy on the rear brake if you brake hard... you should not use the rear brake regardless if you brake hard.
Have to disagree on this slightly. Imo, the rear brake on the 6R locks very easily... ABS would be better.