2013 fz6r

Saxon237

Hi, I'm a new member here (but I've enjoyed reading the forums so far, stayed up way too late this weekend reading!). I don't have a 6R yet, but I am most definitely working on it.

Little background: Never ridden anything in my life other than a mountain bicycle. Passed my MSF three weeks ago and got my CA M1 last week. I have a number of friends who ride, so between them and here I feel I've got a pretty damn good support foundation (Thanks in advance!)

My question is this: Does anyone know when the 2013 model might come out (not familiar with motorcycle release dates) and has anyone heard any hints on whether there will be any changes, or what the colors might be?

This is purely an interest question. At this point, I'm leaning towards a White 6r...just because of visibility (and all my friends have black bikes...R1, R6, CBR600RR, heheh).

Detrich

Rumor is that Yamaha will be "announcing" 2013 model year specs on or around June 13... They will become available probably around July, August- depending where you live.

This is just something I read off a dealer's web site.

Z3roFlaw

I'm going to be sooo mad if they make significant performance or visual changes since I just bought my bike last week haha.

Seeing as the bike has remained the same through 09-12 it wouldn't surprise me if they made changes to this years bike, but this is merely a guess on my part.

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

BKP

They're due for changes.... Could be good or bad... The only thing that would piss me off would be if they doubled the mileage per gallon... Or made it run cooler...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Saxon237

"2013 Yamaha FZ6R has an engine of ultra-compact, 600cc, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 16-valve, slant block in-line four powerplant. With 2013 Yamaha FZ6R compact, 4-valve cylinder head features 25mmm intake valves and 22mm exhaust valves. And 2013 Yamaha FZ6R has ceramic composite plated sleeveless cylinder bores provide greater heat dissipation for consistent power delivery and reduced frictional power losses. Mar 15, 2012"

Im not sure if they went to a larger valve size and ceramic plated the bores as a new thing or if thats what we got to... if so umm thats a pretty good change =P

I've come across that a few times in my searches too, but it sounds like someone just took a 2012 add and switched it to 2013. I don't know of any planned changes, that's why I was inquiring :) And like I said, I'm looking. Where I'm located, there aren't a whole lot of used FZ6R's...nearest is either Rosemond or LA. Workable, of course, but just looking at all options.

Plus, looking at gear too. A certain pic thread has me reevaluating my options, even as mostly a commuter/joy rider and not a track rider :)

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

richierich781

Make that 8:59 pacific time!

Detrich

My local Yamaha dealer said that the biggest changes will "probably" be to the 2013 R6, which is "rumored" to be getting an oem steering dampener, among other performance upgrades. :)

linkgt

The best and most fricking obvious performance upgrade Yamaha can do to the FZ6R is to substitute the current engine with a FZ6 engine... just throw away the fz6r engine altogether. Heck, they arent even producing fz6 anymore. Also make a slip on exhaust....

Detrich

While they throw out the engine they mights well throw away the steel frame for aluminum, and toss out the fixed forks for adjustable ones. ^_^. Price tag might go up $2500 tho =(

CDN6R

The best and most fricking obvious performance upgrade Yamaha can do to the FZ6R is to substitute the current engine with a FZ6 engine... just throw away the fz6r engine altogether. Heck, they arent even producing fz6 anymore. Also make a slip on exhaust....
Honestly,, to me that would defeat the purpose of having a FZ6R. What I really liked about mine was that the engine had lots of "useable power". Sure it has enough to get you in trouble,but not enough (I feel ) that you can scare your self with a unexpected surge of "Holy Crap" high winding power that can cause you to unexpectedly loose control and slam in to a tree or a car. The current engine is,,to me ideal for every day riding,,excellent low end and mid range torque which is perfect for street riding. Sure when I was younger,, image was an important thing and at that time if the FZ6R was marketed..I would have passed it up for a GSXR. But now for me massive horsepower and boy racer looks is no longer important. So the FZ6R fits the bill nicely just the way it is. Laurie.

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member