2012 FZ6R Exhaust help

will415

Hello everyone new to this form and had a question to see if anyone can give me a hand on it. I wanted to get my exhaust changed on my bike but i cant afford the price of it right now, i had hard that u can do some kind of a mod to the the factory muffler they come with to some how get some sound out of them. i was wondering if anyone new how to do it so i can get it done on my bike. Its a 2012 Yamaha FZ6R.

JimmyC

well now that you bring up oil I use.....only kidding..LOL....welcome will.....check out Marthy exhaust great prodcut for half the price...in the meantime check out the SEARCH function on the forum there are plenty of threads on all the baics including exhaust oil, and many mods.....

daddyrack

Premium Member

Smoon22

I spent $180 on a two brothers slip on can, did some custom exhaust work and ended up with a great sounding bike

will415

Exhaust

So pretty much i can put any exhuast on it as long as i can get it to fit if not i can just cutomize the stock one it has correct?

FZ6R_Mike

U can do the 5 minute screwdriver mod but I would suggest u talk to marthy about his exhausts.

MiltonDorkenhoff

Search, THEN post.
Elite Member

linkgt

I spent $180 on a two brothers slip on can, did some custom exhaust work and ended up with a great sounding bike
help!

I've been searching for about 2 hours and could not a How-to or more info on how to mod the stock exhaust to fit a tbr can. (maybe im :zombie:?) Just find a bunch of post of people bragging that they've done it pretty much... lol

(interested in a 4-2-1 setup LIKE THIS
)Can anyone link me to a thread on how to go on about modding the stock exhaust or at least list the steps how? Which TBR can to use? sizing etc. Or is it as simple as cutting right where it goes from 4 to that big ugly box and just welding a 2-1 setup after? My dad welds for a living and I already showed him the above pic. Again, just need to know which TBR Can to buy and just some guidance steps. Would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

JimmyC

help!

I've been searching for about 2 hours and could not a How-to or more info on how to mod the stock exhaust to fit a tbr can. (maybe im :zombie:?) Just find a bunch of post of people bragging that they've done it pretty much... lol

(interested in a 4-2-1 setup LIKE THIS
)Can anyone link me to a thread on how to go on about modding the stock exhaust or at least list the steps how? Which TBR can to use? sizing etc. Or is it as simple as cutting right where it goes from 4 to that big ugly box and just welding a 2-1 setup after? My dad welds for a living and I already showed him the above pic. Again, just need to know which TBR Can to buy and just some guidance steps. Would be greatly appreciated.
First You can by a full two brothers system 4-2-1- off the shelf and a juice box so you don't have to make it.

or if you have a particular slip on in mind you could make your own

You can go to Exhaust Collectors, Stainless Steel Collector Components, Merge Collectors Welded & Formed for a custom collector and then weld this on to the stock headers and using a 2.00" outlet as shown in the picture above you can use any slip on with a 2" outlet about 14" long I believe....But if you want to do it yourself you will
just have to by a custom collector weld it up and then adjust your outlet piping to what ever you choose..dry fit it and weld it up once you are happy with the position..Don't forget you are changing your exhaust to a full open system you will need to adjust your Air/Fuel Mixture via a juice box or Power commander V. In My Opinion the PC V is the better option it allows you to add or remove fuel... this can be calibrated via the Auto Tune or done by a Dyno at a Dyno Jet Facility.

Or you can go the Easy Route Ship you Headers to Marthy Let him do the Welding and then bolt the Slip on to the 2 in outlet load the Maps from Marthy and enjoy a great sounding exhaust with only a few hours of work for less than buying a full 2 bothers setup with no fuel MGMT.

just my 2 Cents hope this helps

linkgt

^ thanks for the link and info! I think my dad can take care of it. Like I said, he's pretty good at fabricating, just needed to know where to get the collector and measurements. I just dont have the money to buy a full system, or to ship a full system to marthy.

Edit: ok then so going to this pdf here..http://www.coneeng.com/pdf/3-1 & 2-1 Collector PDF.pdf

I already know to look for a 2" outlet.. what about the inlet size? there are many to choose from.. which one would be a right fit for our headers? is that a 2-1?

As for can, i'm looking at the r6 for now. looks like it will be a good fit and the size looks almost the same as the fz6r can...

http://www.twobros.com/cgi-bin/shopper?search=action&sku=005-14604&searchstart=0&template=Templates/TBRSearchResult-Simple-Yam-R6-SO-08.html

or ninja 650 can....

http://www.twobros.com/cgi-bin/shopper?search=action&keywords=kawa_ninja650_06&searchstart=0&template=Templates/TBRSearchResult-Simple-Kaw-Ninja650-Vale_2006.html

Does it matter if Catalyst and O2 sensor are both yes btw? are they in the can or something? Or can I buy any can as long as it fits outlet..

I looked at the one Smoon22 installed. Looks great but it's pretty big imo. What other TBR exhaust are about the same size as the fz6r tbr can/would work?

Last edited: