2011: and now there are 2 colors

creggur

And the CAN BUS electrical system makes mods fun too...at least from what I've heard.
193hp out of the box:eek:... Sounds like the mods have been done for you:D And without turning one wrench you'd :spank: the hell out of pretty much anything you encountered on the road (or track)...

I'm an admitted Hondaphile, but I'll be damned if that red R6 isn't one saweeeet looking motorbike!

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

Detrich

yep... but, still SO pricey tho... :(

if bmw would make a 600cc version of the S-RR, i bet it would sell like hot cakes.

owldaddy

You really can't appreciate a BMW till you get up close and personal with it. There is a reason it costs more then the Yamaha. There is nothing wrong with the way a Yamaha is built, but where Yamaha uses stamped steel (read cheaper) parts, BMW uses cast aluminum (such as shifter and brake levers as an example). There are many more examples of how BMW builds a motorcycle different, they simply are more sophisticated machines. All that adds up to a more expensive motorcycle. When I bought my 6R, I kept my BMW instead of trading it in. I love both bikes for different reasons. One thing I do notice about having a BMW, no matter where you go, other bikers respect them, even the Harley crowd. The only problem with having both bikes..... I can only ride 1 at a time. :)

mfischler

Elite Member

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
<----Jealous!!

Detrich

so what did you find out?

inquiring minds want to know please... :)

I'm taking a Superbike course on Sept 18th for two reasons:

1) To improve my riding :cool:

2) To spend the day riding the BMW S1000RR :rockon:

I let you know what I find out... :)

pyrocpu

While it seems like the BMW and a Japanese literbike are very close in MSRP (especially the CBR1000RR), the transaction prices of the two can be very different...

From what my local BMW Motorrad dealer told me, the S1000RRs are on backorder. Not sure about other BMW dealers around the country, but I get the impression that they go for full MSRP too.

Japanese bikes, boy, there seem to be quite a bit of discounting on those. When I bought my FZ6R in January, one could get a new CBR1000RR for $6999! If I was a superbike type of guy, I'd have gotten that Honda in a heartbeat! The new BMW definitely seems like the best in the class, but at about double the transaction price... The Honda would be a no brainer!

JonKerr

Elite Member

bmw675

From what my local BMW Motorrad dealer told me, the S1000RRs are on backorder. Not sure about other BMW dealers around the country, but I get the impression that they go for full MSRP too.
when i went to indy wendesday, the bmw dealer didn't have the s1000rr. he said that they can't keep them in stock for more than a week, and they have about 3 people a day wanting to atleast look at one, including me.

he said that when they do get one in, it usually has every option but anti-theft, they dont believe in it. and i got the same impression as you, they get whatever price they ask.

Gil Lindsay

I think the Burnt Orange is the new Yamaha Blue in terms of shock value, almost makes me wish I would have waited. Keep on motor'n all.

Gil

Detrich

So when it comes time to upgrade, I'm guessing the s1000rr is still too much bike for us prolly? =(. Well, it's still kinda expensive compared to the R6...

Funkmaxtor

Its not even in the same league as an R6. Almost twice the horsepower and not much more weight.

bmw675

So when it comes time to upgrade, I'm guessing the s1000rr is still too much bike for us prolly? =(. Well, it's still kinda expensive compared to the R6...
you definently have the new bmw on your mind dont you. :D

im sure its a nice bike, but ill admit it, i am no where near ready to get on one.

Stephenfz6r

Let's see, speeding ticket-> jail-> Lawyer. I'll let someone else buy it and ride it.

:iconbeer:

Detrich

lol... yah. :) well, the look of it's grown on me... plus, love the specs. just don't like the price tag and maintenance costs. :( well, it's not like i could handle a bike like that anytime soon anyways. i'm still too newbie. so, it's all good :)