2011: and now there are 2 colors

bmw675

i cant believe they dont even have the yamaha blue.

although i dont think the orange looks half bad. :)

2011 fz6r

That orange is just badass.

AGREED! The orange is just pure sex!! :rockon:

I definitely like the orange, but a few more options would be nice :rolleyes:

orange looks good, but what are ppl going to do with all their matching blue riding gears? :lol: no bueno

omg, if u think that the orange looks good... check out the new red on the R6!!!! it's awesome!

2011 Yamaha YZF-R6 Home, R6 information

<drool> :p_ _

damnit. now i'll have to get all new riding gears when i upgrade... <lol> T_T well, not for at least another year or so...

omg, if u think that the orange looks good... check out the new red on the R6!!!! it's awesome!

i hear ya. if i end up with an r6 its going to be the red one. like you, i would need new gear. my jackets blue and my helmet is black and blue.

have any of you guys looked at the BMW S1000RR...

i saw this video of it on Jay Leno's Garage, and then I visited bmw's web site to look at the bike specs etc. and, it's one hellava bike... even one of jay's mechanics says it 'gives the japanese a run for their money...' i'm probably not considering a 1K cc bike for upgrading down the road. but, if u look at the specs of the S1000RR it's a lot lighter, smaller than us. almost makes it seem like it would be easier to push around- provided we can get used to the power delivery, which i'm sure is explosive like a rocket...

2010 BMW S1000 RR - Motorcycles - Jay Leno's Garage

BMW Motorrad USA

chris> u still wouldn't need to change your gear either way! :lol:

yah.... i've sat on the white one with the M stripes when i went to the auto show. but i really love the metallic yellow/ green-ish colored one more... it's kinda pricey though, and i'd imagine service on it isn't going to be cheap- since it's got SO much "tech" on it... sigh.

either way- i'm screwed as far as gear goes when i upgrade down the road... <lol> well, unless i keep the 6R and keep the blue riding gear for it... but, that just wouldn't be practical....

the red and orange just ruined my prospects... hahahahaha :p

Last edited:
No black and gold anymore for the 6R? blah! Orange is hot though!

That R6!!!! OMG OMG!!! :jawdrop::drool::drool:

No black and gold anymore for the 6R? blah! Orange is hot though!

That R6!!!! OMG OMG!!! :jawdrop::drool::drool:

you're not kicking yourself already are you :p

2011 Yamaha's

2011's are out on Yamaha's website, and even a 2012 Super Tenere.
Can't believe they went back to the 09 Black scheme, and no yellow or blue! :mad: The burnt orange is cool though.
I see we get the FZ8! For only about 1K more than the 6R. It is only offered in 1 color? Raven. Guess it's like Henry Ford used to say, you can have your car in any color you want, as long as it's black. It is listed as the exact same wet weight as the FZ1 (487) though. And the FZ1 is also only offered in 1 color, Silver. WTF!

2011 Street Motorcycle Model Overview

my guess is due to the slow economy, they are saving money (production costs) by only offerring colors that have the highest sales figures.

the new colors are sick... :)

Back