2009 FZR Raven For Sale

Grinch79

So I can't believe that I am even doing this but I am putting my 6R up for sale. I can't tell you how much I love this bike, however I'm going to be honest and there is an R6 that I just can not live without right now so I'm selling one to get another.

This is how new my bike is, there is only 310 miles on it. I bought it brand new from the dealer 4/25/10. With this being my first bike ever as I've mentioned in previous posts this bike has been babied and treated better than my own daily driver. It honestly has never been over 6,000 RPM's because I'm still getting used to it and have been following the manuals engine break in instructions to the T. I checked the entire bike over just to be safe and there is not one mark on the entire thing, no scratches, dings, chips or anything and still looks like the day I rolled it off the showroom floor.

The only thing that I have done for the bike cosmetically is put on the Yamaha gas cap pad/cover (carbon fiber), the FZ6R tank pad (carbon fiber), and I installed Intuitive no-cut Frame Sliders.

I'm asking $6,900 OBO and I am willing to discuss delivery options if needed.

Attachments

Last edited:

ksanbon

I'm not sure what type of feedback you're seeking, but I think $6900 is high. In California, it's easy to find new ones for less than $7k OTD.

JonKerr

Elite Member

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
KBB.COM has this for a retail price. This is an unfortunate drawback to signing for and driving off with a new ride... it depreciates a great deal in the first year, often faster than one is paying on it, especially if it is one of the low finance deals with reduced payments up front....

2009 Yamaha FZ6R Value
May 22, 2010
4-Cylinders
4-Stroke
600cc
Suggested Retail Value $5410

Halon

All I'll say is a man has a right to try and sell what's his for what he thinks it's worth, and it's rude to try and interfere with his sale. I know people have opinions but it's more polite to PM your concerns instead of posting them and cluttering up his for sale ad.

I know if I was selling something I wouldn't want a bunch if people potentially screwing with my money. Worst case scenario if you don't say anything is he won't get to sell and he may lower his price. Nothing is wrong with that. Anyhow I've wasted enough space on my soapbox.

Glws, bump.

Grinch79

I do appreciate the feedback and the price is something that I would need to consider. I've seen them go from $6500 down to $4500 based on location and mileage. Depreciation is a MFer when it comes to cars and now I see that motorcycles are hit just as easy. I've got it posted here and a few other spots so if there is an offer worth it I'll consider. Otherwise maybe we are looking at an easier sale with 3,000 miles and $4,500 next year. In Iowa you get maybe 6 months of riding and this isn't my only form of transportation so the mileage isn't going to pile up. I didn't select this bike to hit the highway and cross state lines.

Jonkerr - no worries at all man and I do appreciate your concern. I have a large amount of respect for the power and torque of even the 6R so I can imagine what an R6 could be. I'm sorry to hear about your friend.

ajkewler

My first bike was my 07 R1 and after riding it for a few miles after getting my license, first thoughts were this thing is too scary so I sold it and got a R6. I rode that for a little less than 2 years and a little less than 2k miles since it was a weekend leisure rider. The 08 R6 is scary fast. I eventually sold it since the seat height on it was so high. I'm 5'10 and I still found myself on the ball of my foot. If I had to do it all over again, I would have rode a ninja 250 for a few years first and then move up.

Not sure if you've ridden a R6 before but the riding position is a lot less comfortable than the FZ6R. I rode from santa monica to huntington beach a few times, about 45 miles in traffic and it was murder, but everyone has their own likes and dislikes. Luckily I have the opportunity to ride both my r1 and my g/f's fz6r whenever I like, and I really don't have anything bad to say about her bike.

Oh and we got our 09 white fz6r from the dealer for 6700 otd, tax license and everything.

Mart Man FZ6R

So I can't believe that I am even doing this but I am putting my 6R up for sale. I can't tell you how much I love this bike, however I'm going to be honest and there is an R6 that I just can not live without right now so I'm selling one to get another.

This is how new my bike is, there is only 310 miles on it. I bought it brand new from the dealer 4/25/10. With this being my first bike ever as I've mentioned in previous posts this bike has been babied and treated better than my own daily driver. It honestly has never been over 6,000 RPM's because I'm still getting used to it and have been following the manuals engine break in instructions to the T. I checked the entire bike over just to be safe and there is not one mark on the entire thing, no scratches, dings, chips or anything and still looks like the day I rolled it off the showroom floor.

The only thing that I have done for the bike cosmetically is put on the Yamaha gas cap pad/cover (carbon fiber), the FZ6R tank pad (carbon fiber), and I installed Intuitive no-cut Frame Sliders.

I'm asking $6,900 OBO and I am willing to discuss delivery options if needed.
Don't want to rain on the parade, but there are a number of people on the forums (myself included) that bought our bikes brand new from the dealer for $6200 OTD. After purchasing your bike, they'd still have to pay sales tax and DMV transfer fees. I'm sure it's in great shape, but that's not much of a deal. Wouldn't be bad if you had exhaust and a PCM.

Also like to mention that jumping to an R6 with only 300 miles of riding experience :confused:

ksanbon

All I'll say is a man has a right to try and sell what's his for what he thinks it's worth, and it's rude to try and interfere with his sale. I know people have opinions but it's more polite to PM your concerns instead of posting them and cluttering up his for sale ad.Glws, bump.
Grinch79,

I'm sorry if I ruined your ad. I didn't recognize it as being such because some forums don't allow classifieds. My bad.

My concern was that your heart was set on getting the r6 soon so I didn't want you to suffer the disappointment of not getting past the first step.

Anyway, I hope it works out for you.

Keith