1st Service complaints.

traverser

I dealt with that first dealer service, and although I could have done it myself, I opted to let them do it for the warranty. I also got a discount based ont he fact they messed up my loan paperwork and I had to go resign anyway. I'm not upset with my dealer for things that are obviously out of their control such as for what the chain throughs for the 3 miles they put on the bike. But i'm very upset for the mess they left on the bottom of my swing arm, that was obviously on their rear stand. I've also found a a new scratch below the rear brake.

How would everyone else deal with this issue? I'm mechanicly inclined, and have all but rebiuilt a motorcycle, and I'm sure its not much harder thena car. I was happy to pay only materials for the free service they offered for their prior mishap, but this is getting a bit ridiculous.

I did video myself after putting a calm prewritten complaint and in one cut showing the grease under the bike. And I've dumped too much grease on a bike chain before it doesn't look like that. you could see the outline of the pad on the chain side. I also added to the video the new scratch i found under the rear brake.

The dealer did call me as I know them through doing consulting it work, and he's going to meet my father (where I'm keeping the bike for him to see it Monday, as I'm working when he can stop by.)

With that said I'm looking for a little advice how to handle this, thanks, Traverser.

Spunky99

How much do you think the motorcycle value dropped due to the scratch?
Is it worth going to small claims court?
Do you have proof the scratch wasn't there prior to taking the bike in for service?

I usually end up trashing the dealer online and making a BBB complaint because it isn't worth it to pursue any legal action and I'll bet the stealership won't reimburse you for the loss in value. They know they did it but proving it is next to impossible. This is why my bikes never see them after leving a showroom floor. If you do the service yourself, you only have to keep a record of doing it, the date and mileage to cover the warranty.

traverser

When they botched the paperwork, they took off the prep fee, and gave me the service free, so I lucked out.

Bottom line, all i paid for first serivce was materials. And yes i'm that anal i take pictures. you should see what i do when i move into apartements. i've never lost more than $75 from a security deposit that I moved into from the start. The only exception was my ladies old one, and she doesn't have pictures or dvd of broken things with repair order requests from the start.

Note I'm also consulting IT work for the dealer, and don't need the job, but liek any job, i focus on repairing flaws.

See red

I would go in ad talk to them... if they don't do anything, I go somewhere else.... and warn my freinds about them.