02 R6 header ?

SoCal600

I just bought an 02 R6 header from ebay. $39 out the door shipped, but I see most owners are using the 03-05 headers... Is there a difference between the 99-02 and 03-05 R6 header ?? I did research but there was no specific answer....

yfz6r

I think you are alright. Any year does require some bending but not that big of deal. Good luck and have fun with the project! Post some pics of the process

SoCal600

I was just worried maybe the pipes going into the block were different sizes or something but it seems like they are pretty much the same as the 03-05 ? I have a homemade exhaust system on my bike now , I cut off the stock cat box and welded a custom muffler on. But it has no packing inside so basiclly its a resonator. It doesn't sound too bad but I want that deep rumble from a sport bike muffler. Mine sounds like a pissed off t-Rex at high rev's lol I should get my 02 header this coming week, its coming from AZ and I live in CA so it shouldn't take long to get here.... I just need a muffler now, thinking about a FMF or scorpion.

Last edited:

Jots S.R.M.C.

As for the structure- Shape..

Some people have taken some and beat the crap out of them and made them fit haha.. I wouldn't recommend it- but if it's laying on the floor of your garage- why not? You just don't want to decrease the width ofone of the pipes (Bending too much) (crushing) - basically flattening - that would bottle neck your engine causing it basicly suffocate - lost power- etc

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member