ZX10r mirrors for our bike

nycibbyryder

Ok, I know this has been discussed before, and I just got done searching. Everywhere I can find that someone links a thread about ZX10r mirrors, the link doesn't work and it sends me back to the CP. So considering it's now 2014, I thought I'd just post a new thread. This way myself, and anyone else who's interested, can see/search for it better.

Who has ZX10r mirrors?
What year? (I'm hearing more than one set of years fits)
Are they direct mount, or did you mod to fit better?
How is the visibility? (Side and behind you)
Pics?

Thanks.

Oconer

never really looked into the zx10r mirrors but i know for a fact that zx6r mirrors i just installed 2 days ago bolt right up with no modifications.

i ordered the 2007 mirrors and the visibility isnt too great imo. i see more of my shoulders than whats behind me.

nycibbyryder

I know about the zx6r mirrors, I'm not interested in them though. I'm interested in the zx10r mirrors because of the integrated blinkers. I've done enough searching to know that they fit, just can't find any detailed info about them.

nycibbyryder

I also know the gsxr mirrors fit but they also have a bad view. From what I've read the zx10r mirrors mounted on our bike also allow you to see behind you.

Azzkicker1994

Any more news on the ZR 10 mirrors? That would be a nice addition, I wouldn't mind being able to see behind me without sacking my arms in and leaning xD

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

Billsbet0

I have the zx10 mirrors on my bike. They do bolt into the holes but I needed to do some mods to see behind me better. I spliced the turn signals into the wiring and also set them up to be running lights. I'll add more detail and pictures when at a computer. Someone was selling a pair maybe a month ago, check the for sale section.

Chucker

I already have flush mount indicators so I don't need to turn signal added, maybe I'll just put up with the stock ones
2008 ZX6R mirrors also work and don't have the turn signals.

Azzkicker1994

$$

Damn them are 100 each brand new. It Wil look a lot better though, I'll have to think on that one. I also want a paint job so I have to prioritize ha. Thanks guys

jeffm

FZ6R Mirror Mods

I finally couldn't take it anymore so I purchased ZX6R mirrors from Osma Motor: "2005 2006 2007 2008 KAWASAKI NINJA ZX6R ZX 6R BLK REAR VIEW SIDE MIRROR MIRRORS" osma-motor on eBay

Mounting the replacement mirrors took about 10 minutes (start to finish). After riding for a few weeks I found I couldn't see behind me very well (I'm pretty short and skinny). It was a little dangerous. I built a small 1 1/2" extension for each mirror. It's much better. I built a handful of these extensions (different sizes). I found the 1 1/2" extension was just enough without looking stupid.

The ZX6R mirrors alone are a HUGE improvement over the default FZ6R mirrors.

(Hint: To remove the plastic rivets, just get a nail and push in the center plastic cylinder...).

Attachments

Last edited:

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

lodarho3

How’d you make your extension?

I finally couldn't take it anymore so I purchased ZX6R mirrors from Osma Motor: "2005 2006 2007 2008 KAWASAKI NINJA ZX6R ZX 6R BLK REAR VIEW SIDE MIRROR MIRRORS" osma-motor on eBay

Mounting the replacement mirrors took about 10 minutes (start to finish). After riding for a few weeks I found I couldn't see behind me very well (I'm pretty short and skinny). It was a little dangerous. I built a small 1 1/2" extension for each mirror. It's much better. I built a handful of these extensions (different sizes). I found the 1 1/2" extension was just enough without looking stupid.

The ZX6R mirrors alone are a HUGE improvement over the default FZ6R mirrors.

(Hint: To remove the plastic rivets, just get a nail and push in the center plastic cylinder...).