your type of oil

unleased1287

hello every one been awhile since i have wrote on the forums. i just rolled 3600 miles on my fz6r and changed to amsoil full synthetic. kinda pricey at 7.25$ at dealers cost. my bike runs really well on it shifts smoother and less vibration over all of the bike, and was wondering if any one else has used it or there thoughts on other oils they have used. thanks for your times guys hope to hear from u all.

Tijeras505

I also use AMSoil with a K&N oil filter. I also find their oil to be priced rather high but I do appreciate all the testing they have done to show how their product performs. I guess that gives me some reassurance that the price that I am paying is worth it.

I have been using it for years and have never had any issue.

stroke

way to think with your dipstick:thumbup:

cbzdel

I just have Yamalube right now and will get AMSOIL next...

Fastprof

Amsoil full synthetic has worked great in my last few sportbikes. I notice smoother shifting on each bike after switching to full synthetic oil. I am still running Yamalube in my FZ6R (only 3400 klms), but will change to Amsoil at the end of the season.

angelsneverlose

i use mobil 1 full synthetic 4tf (i think) - the one for motorcycles and stuff

seems to work great! the weight is 10w40 btw

when i go to do my 600 mile service, i bet the yamaha dealership will use yamahalube, but it seem redicuously thin from what i have seen when i changed it @ 100 miles, like water thin... that scares me since i ride mine pretty hard... maybe thats normal though?! and the fact its been 95+ here when its normally 70's