Yesterday was a good day....

O-turn

Partier
Finally got my license, completed the MSF course and am glad I took it. I learned so much and have already applied alot of it in the one day of riding I have under my belt! I highly recommend that course! I modded the bike a little before venturing out onto the road yesterday for some break in miles. Here is a pic with the decals removed and the flush mounts installed...

S

staticghost

Finally got my license, completed the MSF course and am glad I took it. I learned so much and have already applied alot of it in the one day of riding I have under my belt! I highly recommend that course! I modded the bike a little before venturing out onto the road yesterday for some break in miles. Here is a pic with the decals removed and the flush mounts installed...

Good stuff. Doing the right way I see. Now just make sure you wear full gear all the time and you will be good to go. Ride safe within you limit and take it easy now especially since the bike is not broken in fully. Good luck out there and ride safe.

D

dako81

:thumbup:Looks good. I like it without the stickers on the side. Ride safe. If you enjoyed the MSF course, search around here for some of the books people recommend and read one to further your education.

reiobard

nice looking bike and congrats on taking and passing the course. enjoy the bike safely and keep on learning,

phantomxc

Congrats on passing, don't have too much fun on the bike! Kinda off topic, how did you remove your stickers without scratching the plastic etc...?

M

mxgolf

I use a hair dryer and heat up the decal and just peel it off. It's pretty simple.

O-turn

Partier
It is vinyl, I havent attempted the yamaha yet (Kinda like it on there)

Get your fingernail under the edge of the vinyl, then pull slowly and straight out (Not to much force) Pulling slowly and perpendicular to the surface will allow you to get it off in one piece with minimal residue left on the fairing, once its off use goo gone on the areas, then wash the fairing (Also wash it and let it sit in the sun for awhile before you start to make it easier) Start with a small piece to learn the technique. Youll see its relativley easy.

Now the warning stickers, I let them bake, then used my fingernails to get it off in small pieces, kind of a pain in the rear, but looks good when done. Goo gone and yer good to go!

C

CravenMoorhead

It is vinyl, I havent attempted the yamaha yet (Kinda like it on there)

Get your fingernail under the edge of the vinyl, then pull slowly and straight out (Not to much force) Pulling slowly and perpendicular to the surface will allow you to get it off in one piece with minimal residue left on the fairing, once its off use goo gone on the areas, then wash the fairing (Also wash it and let it sit in the sun for awhile before you start to make it easier) Start with a small piece to learn the technique. Youll see its relativley easy.

Now the warning stickers, I let them bake, then used my fingernails to get it off in small pieces, kind of a pain in the rear, but looks good when done. Goo gone and yer good to go!

Good idea about letting it bake in the sun before peeling....should have thought of that down here especially after reading how other dudes here used a hair dryer to pre-heat the stickers....:thumbup:

O-turn

Partier
Good idea about letting it bake in the sun before peeling....should have thought of that down here especially after reading how other dudes here used a hair dryer to pre-heat the stickers....:thumbup:

You have no shortage of heat down there for sure!

phantomxc

Well I just used goo gone once the vinyl was off. Just a warning, a soft paper towel will scratch the clear coat. I was doing circular motions with no force what so ever and now I have circular scratches and a dull spot. Not too happy :(

Blow dryer on Hot and High worked great for taking the vinyl off.