Yellow wheel tape

yellowFZ6r

Hey guys I hope one of you with yellow wheel tape can answer this for me. I ordered some yellow wheel for my cadmium yellow 6r (obviously) and it came in the mail today, and when i opened the package the tape looks almost like a neon yellow as opposed to straight yellow, did I buy the wrong color or kind or what? Is it because it is "reflective" wheel tape, or am I an idiot and really buy the wrong kind, please help shed some light on this for me guys!

CrazyCawi

your making me nervous I just bought some too, which kit did you buy?

yellowFZ6r

I bought the Progrip set from Solomotoparts.com. Which did you buy?

AngryAnt

Have you tried tapeworks.com? They have a wider array of shades, and helped me match my blue bike quite well.

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

luv2ride

I bought the progrip in pink and I have to say, though it's close to the pink ( it's more fluorescent pink) in my decals it's not perfect (you can see it in my pics). I recently ordered pink wheel tape from eBay that came up when I did a search for FZ6R parts that seems a lot closer to the color and it's curved (I'd post the link, but I don't know how). I should have it by the weekend, I let you all know if it looks better. My thought is it will. Incidentally, they also have a couple different shades of yellow. The company is called Graphic Language.

Last edited:

yellowFZ6r

Definitely please let me know. What I learned and didnt notice when I bought the tape from Solomotoparts is that the yellow tape I purchased is actually a Fluorescent Yellow and didn't catch that. Will return to the vendor, but definitely a lesson learned, pay MORE attention.

AngryAnt

I just ordered some blue reflective from tapeworks also. Gonna see if shop can put on for me for small fee so I dont louse it up.

6145 what you did Angry?

Sent from my Samsung Fascinate using Tapatalk.
Yep, 6145. It matches very well, and is more subtle than the last ones I had. I have some pictures on another thread, I'll see if I can find them and post the link.
Edit:

Last edited:

AngryAnt

Embedded image fail.
Yeah, I know. Had to swap computers. Sometimes I love my iPad, the rest of the time I want to throw it against the wall.

Detrich

The newer gen iPads will have the higher res screens. But fir now the iPhone4 is the most accurate color resolution.

CrazyCawi

Yeah, I know. Had to swap computers. Sometimes I love my iPad, the rest of the time I want to throw it against the wall.
ill take it off your hands