Yay/nay?

ylwf3vr

Wife ordered this and one of those small "remove before flight" (yellow with black letters) key chains. Only this came in so far.. Like or dislike?

Attachments

Meh, I'm not big on yellow. Another color possibly. I've got an actual remove before flight tag, but it's a bit too big to use on a key chain.

Attachments

abyss1406

I like it, but i have a remove before flight tag

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

latony007

sorry I know this is going to be stupid but what is remove before flight? I almost ordered that exact same in red, but for some reason I got this one instead, probably cause it kinda looks like mine. I did order the colored keys though too :)

But im still going to keep it connected to my two part ring so I don't have the keychain flopping all over.

Soft Rubber Yamaha YZF R1 R6 Motorcycle Keychain Red White | eBay

ylwf3vr

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member
J

justBlue

I love It!!! Where do I get one (yellow key chain) ?

Please......

ylwf3vr

its something that airplane and helicopter pilots started bringing home from work.. and now tons of people rock them
Yep the real ones are on the aircraft frame such as the intake.. when they park the aircraft they put a "blocker" and the long "remove before flight" tag on them so they don't forget... oh those aviators (my best friend is a pilot and I always pick on him)

ylwf3vr

Yep the real ones are on the aircraft frame such as the intake.. when they park the aircraft they put a "blocker" and the long "remove before flight" tag on them so they don't forget... oh those aviators (my best friend is a pilot and I always pick on him)
It is the pilots responsibility to make sure those are removed, especially the safety pins from the landing gear. Used to work on F-18's, and had a guy in my shop "forget" to remove one from one of the wheels. Pilot misses his flight because his gear won't come up. He was also the Maintenance Officer for the squadron, and royally pissed. That stunt found the guy working in the chow hall for the next couple weeks.

BrockGrimes

I was a crew chief on F-16's the pilot's remove NO pin's or remove before flight items.
We pull all remove before flight items (pins) in preparation for flight, except a few, then remove those immediately before take off.

Remove before flight means exactly that. The streamer is just a flag to remind over worked, tired, complacent individuals to remove it before they try and take off.

There are usually stores near smaller airports that carry streamers, stickers and other cool stuff. They even make keychain size streamers.
http://www.pilotmall.com/

I have one like this:

Last edited:

latony007

you guys ever get to fly in one? i would cut off my right arm to get in one of those. My best so far is a stock car around california speedway, which was a blast by the way.

Attachments

BrockGrimes

you guys ever get to fly in one? i would cut off my right arm to get in one of those. My best so far is a stock car around california speedway, which was a blast by the way.
Little off topic but yes. Had 2 rides during my career pulled 9+G's both times.
Was AWSOME. Matter of fact my first F16 is in Iron Man 2.

Last edited: