Yamaha's Comfort Seat.

Kayo7

Rode on the bike all day yesterday with the girlfriend, and now that I spent more time on this seat, it's not really much different from stock. I still have the same pressure points in my posterior that I did with stock. I'm gonna leave it on there to see if it gets any better (break it in more?)

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

Kayo7

I had about 4,300 on the stock seat. Put the comfort one on only 200 miles ago so it is still possible the gel needs to be broken in some more??? Only time will tell. I got the seat for like half off so I can't really complain to much. :D

Riccochet

Old trick to making a seat more comfy is take the cover off and use a soldering iron or hot knife to make length wise slits in the foam about an inch apart. Not all the way through, maybe 3/4" deep. Put the cover back on. Allows for the foam to compress a bit more.

EsrTek

I noticed w my gel cover, which goes over and not in the seat, gets hotter than w/o it on.
Something about the gel retains the heat, so I imagine in the seat gel would be even hotter.
Personally, I'd say sell the "comfort seat" take the proceeds and go get some real foam custom fit to you for the stocker. If the foam added is too much for the stock cover, I'd highly suggest a LuiMoto seat cover, which has TONS of spare material to cover extra foam.

bleedinblue

Elite Member

latony007

any lower?

The comfort seat any lower? anyone have recommendations to get it lowered? Just got a new 12 fz6r and although im ok on it I would love to have it an inch or so lower for backing out of parking spots. I considered the lowering link but a lot of people say its not a great idea. If I could get an inch off the seat would seem to be easier. I tried eddie barrett and they said they could do it but saw a lot of bad reviews on them. Tried another custom seat guy and he said don't bother with that type seat it will be to uncomfortable if you modify it. Any suggestions would be appreciated for a newbie. Thanks :)

Kayo7

The comfort seat any lower? anyone have recommendations to get it lowered? Just got a new 12 fz6r and although im ok on it I would love to have it an inch or so lower for backing out of parking spots. I considered the lowering link but a lot of people say its not a great idea. If I could get an inch off the seat would seem to be easier. I tried eddie barrett and they said they could do it but saw a lot of bad reviews on them. Tried another custom seat guy and he said don't bother with that type seat it will be to uncomfortable if you modify it. Any suggestions would be appreciated for a newbie. Thanks :)
The comfort seat is not any lower. Do you have the seat in the lowest position right now? We have two settings on our bikes. Make sure that it is in the lowest spot first. How tall are you out of curiosity? I haven't heard anything bad about the lowering link. I was gonna do it just for the looks but being 6 feet tall, I feel like my legs would bend to much. I don't think any seat company (someone correct me if I am wrong) can make the seat any lower.

Bert-Aus

Cant touch the ground?

No problems

latony007

midget

im about midget status at 5'5"
It is in the lower position i checked that after i bought it hoping stock was the higher position but its the lower one.
i can get the balls of my feet down which is fine for going forward but backwards kind of a pain. it doesn't look like that seat can be lowered much.

2wheelie

You can install the lowering link, but at the same time if you lower down the front (at the forks) as well, you'll be fine.
Keep in mind that you'll need to support the bike in the middle under the pipes so it won't fall when the link is disconnected, and same when doing the front.

EsrTek

Lowering the bike will hurt resale value, and from what I understand reversing it is a PITA!

Not 100% on this, but throwing out there for discussion ..
Wouldn't thinning out the sides of seat give better leg room. I'm pretty sure this is what was done to the seat of the ninja 300 from the 250 line. The seat height is at .5" lower than the 250 was. I will see if I can find the article I read that in....

latony007

I had about 4,300 on the stock seat. Put the comfort one on only 200 miles ago so it is still possible the gel needs to be broken in some more??? Only time will tell. I got the seat for like half off so I can't really complain to much. :D
How many miles you got on it now? Getting any better?

Motomama

uploadfromtaptalk1380601699673.jpg
You can do what my friends did for me, gave me stool to step on to my BMW F650 GS. Everyone had a good laugh at this prank including myself. I don't think this method is very convenience though.
uploadfromtaptalk1380602005310.jpg
Or have Corbin custom make you a saddle like the one they made for me. I did rode down to Corbin in Hollister, CA and they custom fit the saddle to my comfort. I understand Corbin is not in the backyard of everyone's neighborhood. As you can see, the sides are shaved down... a lot. This and having the bike lowered 1 1/2 inches really helps being flat footed. Backing out is no issue any more. I am very aggressive on the twisties and she handles beautifully and very stable. I do drag my pegs often and it's scary at times.

Toni
Samsung Galaxy S3

abyss1406

@MOTOMAMMA
Too funny

latony007

that seat looks awesome, better than the standard gunfighter one I see on their website. Can you send that to me and go get yourself another one? :D

Motomama

that seat looks awesome, better than the standard gunfighter one I see on their website. Can you send that to me and go get yourself another one? :D
No problem, coming your way....! :) just remember to send me $500 too.

Cheers to this wonderful sport we share on 2 wheels. :thumbup::)

Toni
Samsung Galaxy S3