Yamaha Windscreen

Craxican

I bought that windscreen...can't say I notice that much of a difference, but there is a difference...I also think it makes my bike look better, and since the sprocket change, I'm stuck at about 110mph versus the 133mph I was doing...so I wouldn't notice as much of a difference...I do love the windscreen though...I was gonna get the PUIG but Yammie's says FZ6R on it

Allan

Craxican - is the buffeting at speed less pronounced on the chest with the non-stock windscreen?

Craxican

O yes...id say so...crouched down during acceleration or top speeds, you don't feel as much force on your helmet as well...

cbzdel

its shorter than the stock screen, I dont see how it can be any better unless the shape is different?

Craxican

The shape is different...its a double bubble where the stock is flat...so even though it is shorter it sticks out approx. two inches toward the front wheel, shooting the wind up earlier and basically tumbling the air higher...for what I use my bike for, the windscreen works for me but is not that noticable...in the event that I should decide to "race" I can see the added benefit

cbzdel

gotcha! I have not payed attention to pics of them to notice the difference

Craxican

to be honest...the pics don't do them justice...ill take some "up cloase" pics and post them if anyone would like..i even have my stock windscreen so i can do a comparison if you think that wwould be better

Roaddawg

I just put on the clear double bubble Yamaha windscreen a week ago and was waiting to take some better pics of it for everyone to see. I was waiting for an aftermarket touring type screen, but found a good deal on the Yamaha one ($55). I've included some pics (not the best) from the night I put it on to compare the OEM to this one. I'll take some better pics in the daytime so you can see how it looks. The one on the right is the stock. You can see how the new one is more curved. There isn't a huge difference, but a noticeable one. The wind seems to be more smooth and less turbulent. I'm 6'3", so the wind still doesn't go over my helmet, but its not as turbulent as it was. Plus, it looks a lot better. I would recommend it more for the looks than the function. I figured, for $55 I would give it a shot until zero gravity or the others come out with a tall screen. Like I said, I'll get some better pics here soon so you all can see.

Last edited:

Yone

Ouuu, I like that! Where'd you find the good deal for $55??

Craxican

Yes the tinted one is smaller I love it...and as far as redirecting the wind...it will direct the wind over the helmet much better in crouched positions...stock windscreen...i could feel the wind pushing on my helmet when going +100mph, now I hardly feel anything...when just riding regularly I do not think it matters that much but there is still a small difference...here's some pics of the tinted windscreen on my bike

Yone

Thank you Roaddawg! It's on it's way

Heineken

Elite Member

Yone

Did anybody else had trouble removing the damn effin` sticker from the Yamaha Clear Double Bubble Windshield? I tried using the heat gun, hot water, alcohol...... I'M PISSED OFF right about now.
YES! That was absolutely ridiculous! I ended up carefully using a razor blade to scrape it off, then used duct tape to remove the residue, and Goof-off to finish it off.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

KADO

Yes the tinted one is smaller I love it...and as far as redirecting the wind...it will direct the wind over the helmet much better in crouched positions...stock windscreen...i could feel the wind pushing on my helmet when going +100mph, now I hardly feel anything...when just riding regularly I do not think it matters that much but there is still a small difference...here's some pics of the tinted windscreen on my bike
I like that one. Where did you buy it from?