Yamaha OEM Tinted Windshield - Too windy?

Comiha22

Evening All,

I just put on my new tinted Yamaha OEM windshield, but was surprised to find out it's about an inch shorter than stock. The website listed the clear bubble as an inch taller than stock, and the tinted an inch shorter than the clear, a'la the same height as stock.

Nevertheless, it definitely looks better, but I'm a bit concerned about the extra wind it may not block. I'm 6'2" and take a good amount of wind in the face with stock. I'm debating keeping the stock on, but will wait til my ride tomorrow for the final verdict.

Has anyone added the tinted windshield, and if so, noticed more wind?

O

Ozfazer6

I had an OEM tinted screen on my 05 and it was exactly the same .

Comiha22

MNDZA

Different bike, different parts.

Comiha22

MNDZA - Just the person I was looking for. What are your thoughts on the tinted windshield thus far?

MNDZA

MNDZA - Just the person I was looking for. What are your thoughts on the tinted windshield thus far?
I didn't notice any difference in wind and I've been doing a good share of highway riding. However, I typically lean more forward while I'm riding and on the highway I tuck in a lot. But like I said, I don't notice any harsh wind with the new screen compared to the stock. I'm only 5'10" though...so I'm not sure if that makes a huge difference.

njdan

I have the tinted windscreen also, and I am 5'10 and I get a good bit of wind when I ride. I try to lean a little lower when I get up to a decent speed to try to cut down some of the wind, But it isn't any different then the stock OEM windscreen it just looks better.

Comiha22

njdan - Agreed. I took it on the highway this morning. Slightly more wind at 70+, but the look is well worth it. Being 6'2" with the seat in the high position and an inch shorter screen had me worried for a bit. I figured that would account for anywhere from 2 to 4 inches of seated height (ie more wind) over a smaller rider with the low seat position, but I was glad to be wrong!

RZ350 Rider

I think they're talking about the "Bow" in the windshield being 1" taller, not really the height. My Clear (really half tinted, and very cool looking:thumbup:) gives me the impression of being more bulbous in the middle (from side to side at the top) than the stock one.

area

njdan - Agreed. I took it on the highway this morning. Slightly more wind at 70+, but the look is well worth it. Being 6'2" with the seat in the high position and an inch shorter screen had me worried for a bit. I figured that would account for anywhere from 2 to 4 inches of seated height (ie more wind) over a smaller rider with the low seat position, but I was glad to be wrong!
think we could get some pic's ? :D

Comiha22

Hey guys - I don't currently have a dig. camera, so pics are a no-go right now. Picking up an iPhone in the next week or so, and will post then. Thanks!