Yamaha FZ6R Review

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
Thanks to Admin for locating THIS!

Newmason

Great read while I sit here at work! Might be picking up my bike tonight!

pyrocpu

Thanks for the link.

I kinda agree w/ the reviewer on the shift lever feel... Often times, it's a bit difficult to feel if I've clicked up a gear or not... :(

tractorboy

Really. maybe im not aware of how other street bikes are with the shifter but Im alway sure im inot the next gear. 1st and 2nd is a little clunky but Im positive im in the next gear. Hmmm something to think about......easier than my suzuki dirt bike I must say though. not sure about other street bikes.....hmmmmmm

Detrich

Thanks for the link! :)

I kinda agree with the shifter too... Sometimes I find myself shifting 2 clicks instead of 1. And, on odd occassions the "N" light doesn't even appear unless you go through the sequence perfectly. Not a big deal, but just something I noticed...

Obviously- these are "newbie" issues... But, it's a beginner bike- sorta say- right? :)

pyrocpu

My buddy's 2005 SV650--super nice feedback on the shifter feel. Terrific. But then again, he's got ~5K on the clock; maybe ours need to break in more over time?

Allan

I've got 6000 km's on my baby, and the first and second is still clunky. Thereafter, though, pretty smooth.

Funkmaxtor

I have almost 10K on mine and I rarely use the clutch to shift. Since I started to speed shift the lack of feedback is no longer a problem. I do use the clutch when in town and I understand what they are saying but if this is the biggest problem with our bikes then we have a great machine!