Yamaha eBike

Blue-Sun

Elite Member

latony007

Interesting, but then what would all you guys do for pipes? Im thinking you could just record an old school motorcycle and then put speakers on it to pipe the noise out lol

DiHydro

Personally... I'd have "range anxiety". I'd be obsessing about how many miles I have left on a charge and can I make it home??

Just my two cents...
I would think this would be more of a commuter, rather than a weekend fun bike.

That said, the Zero S, another electric bike, has a range of about ~116 miles This is about how far I have to go before filling up my FZ6r. The problem with that is then how long it takes to refill compared to gas.

If you ride your bike for a commute, how far is it? Mine is about 60 miles, so I would have plenty of juice left at the end of the day.

Blue-Sun

Elite Member

latony007

Here is what's wrong with electric cars. Aside from not being as nice, powerful or have as many features as a regular car they are WAY over priced. People don't understand when you spend 4k more on a prius (min 19k average 24k)that gets 46 mpg fwy vs. a corolla (16.5k average 19k) that gets 37 mpg fwy you will have to drive a crappier car for about 5-7 years to make back the extra 4k you spent on the car in gas savings!! how is that a deal? I hear Teslas are nice but don't have a spare 100,000k The volt runs on battery for about 60 miles, just enough for a commute, and then kicks over to gas (I think a generator vs. an engine but not sure) after that and will go the normal 300 miles. So if you just commute back and forth all week you can go without using any gas at all, However the Volt is even way more over prices at 34k. I can buy an infinity for less than 34k which is roomier, has more power, better in a crash, has more luxuries, you name it. Or I could buy a camry for half as much and still have a nicer car.

Sorry for the rant lol

We are up to about $4.3 here for regular

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member
FYI, electric cars can actually be faster than a gas car. They dont have a powerband. Its put the pedal to the floor and you have full power at all rpms.

Now my personal opinion, i will never like an electric bike. I like my gasoline bike that i can do my own maintainence without going to college for a degree in electrical. Thats my beef. Now desiels are even better is many ways that truely do not feel like getting into except cost od maintanence.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

ksanbon

I agree w/ all the issues that have been expressed, but I posted these articles because I figured that Yamaha sees a enough in eBikes to make a pretty serious commitment to their future.
I'm keeping an open mind because I think that all the concerns that have been discussed will be addressed in a few years, especially when I consider how much technology has changed our lives during the past 15 years.
It'll be interesting to see who's riding one in the future...

latony007

I agree w/ all the issues that have been expressed, but I posted these articles because I figured that Yamaha sees a enough in eBikes to make a pretty serious commitment to their future.
I'm keeping an open mind because I think that all the concerns that have been discussed will be addressed in a few years, especially when I consider how much technology has changed our lives during the past 15 years.
It'll be interesting to see who's riding one in the future...
i agree the potential is there they just have not advanced enough with the batteries to give you the power and range needed. They will get there eventually. If they could put a meter on sunlight we would all have solar cars by now but they do not want to spend the $ to develop anything they cant charge you at least monthly for.