Yamaha Diversion F - Frame Sliders Question

Underdog_MLT

Hi guys,

I just bought a 2011 Yamaha XJ6 Diversion F new from the dealership. For good order sake I live in Malta (Europe) and we do not get the FZ6R, instead we have the XJ6 Diversion F which is about the same, except a couple of minor changes.

When contacting my dealership asking for a frame slider, just in case i drop it, he said he can get an official set directly from Yamaha but he has to modify the fairing, basically drilling one hole on each side.

However I am trying to avoid such modifications and after a couple of searches online (and on this forum) I found some Puig and T Rex frame sliders which, according to the description, do not need any fairing modification. It seems that they can be bolted down to the engine.

I was wondering if you can help me with the following questions :don'tknow: :

1) Is it safe to bolt the sliders to the engine? I mean, if I go down, would I be increasing the chance of damaging the engine? I prefer to change the fairings instead of changing engine parts.

2) Are there any other brands that can help me solve this issue?

3) Any other suggestions or opinions you may have?

I took the liberty of posting 3 photos of my new bike.

Thanks for your assistance.
Best regards from Malta :)

Attachments

Frinksbonkers

Frinksbonkers

as both say they are for you model, they should be. but the picture on the BR Tuning Site is wrong they are for the naked version. the ones on ebay show the ones for the naked but then the picture for the Diversion F Model.

latony007