Yamaha Billet Low Handlebar Mount (Part #ABA-5LV91-60)

WeatherB

I'm looking to lower the bars a little bit and came across this OEM Yamaha part from the FZ1.

Anyone tried it on the FZ6R? Looks like approximately 1 inch drop.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

FastFreddy

I was having a look at the front fairing and imagining the handle bar an inch lower. Will the bars hit the pointy-ish bit of the rear part of the front fairing ? Depending on bar position, maybe ?

How much is it ?

WeatherB

I was having a look at the front fairing and imagining the handle bar an inch lower. Will the bars hit the pointy-ish bit of the rear part of the front fairing ? Depending on bar position, maybe ?

How much is it ?
I agree, to me it looks like it would hit the top of the front fairing.

For $50, I'd give it a try; however, the seller on eBay wants $30 for shipping to Canada. That's too steep to be a guinea pig! :)

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

acco205

Immediate concern I see isnt fairing clearance, but the distance between the risers. Since the stop of the clamps is a plate, rather that two separate pieces, if the distance between the two is off, even by a few mm, it wont line up properly.

Probably better off buying a normal set of risers that sit lower than stock. (I am presently looking for some myself)

WeatherB

Immediate concern I see isnt fairing clearance, but the distance between the risers. Since the stop of the clamps is a plate, rather that two separate pieces, if the distance between the two is off, even by a few mm, it wont line up properly.

Probably better off buying a normal set of risers that sit lower than stock. (I am presently looking for some myself)
Anyone look into cutting the current risers a bit?

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Chucker

Why not just pick up a lower bar? You can go as low as a flat bar, like the FZ1 bar, and spend similar money. My FZ1 bars with the risers rotated forward are perfect, as low as I can go without issues, and cost me $40.

WeatherB

Why not just pick up a lower bar? You can go as low as a flat bar, like the FZ1 bar, and spend similar money. My FZ1 bars with the risers rotated forward are perfect, as low as I can go without issues, and cost me $40.
Interesting idea... Did the bar ends fit okay without drilling?

Chucker

Interesting idea... Did the bar ends fit okay without drilling?
Same ends as the FZ6R. You need to drill one small hole for the controls, but it's easy as you just have to match the bars you have.