XJ6 F Fairings on a FZ6R?

Danny51

Hey guys

I've got a blue 2009 fz6r with a right side fairing which is pretty badly scuffed up. I've been trying to find a replacement and haven't had any luck, for some reason every blue fz6r fairing is for the left side !!

Anyway, I did find a XJ6 F fairing in blue that I'm thinking I could just throw the FZ6R Decals on. Will the fairing fully bolt up perfectly without modification? from comparing pics it seems as if they are identical, but can anyone else chime in to confirm this?

thanks

AL72

FZ6R and XJ6F fairings are identical, in fact the only difference between the two bikes is the seat.

Regards!

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

eNigma17

If the fairing isn't badly damaged, ColorRite sells the matching paint here. You could sand the scratches and repaint, then buy the sticker if you're comfortable with aligning that large a sticker.
What he said... Or... PlastiDip! I dipped my bike and took it off when I wanted a new color. Actually, I took it off because a hair got stuck on it. Hah. Nice thing about it, don't like the look, peel it off! No need for paint thinners! You can easily use 3 cans of PlastiDip for the entire bike and spend $15 vs. buying a new or used fairing.

If you really want to buy a new fairing, you can buy one from the dealer for $500 or get these with free shipping: fz6r fairing kit | eBay

... and you get the complete kit. -- Yes, it's not from the dealer, but plastic is plastic! lol

Just my two cents...