Wtf

Insure Gal

Instrument cluster problem

Have stored the fz6r about 3 months ago and decided to make a mid winter pit stop with her only to find I have power to the instrument cluster but tach unoperational and no digital display
Has anyone incountered this before?

Last edited:

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Fizzer6R

its clearly very mad at you because you left it alone for so long without any loving attention. now it's playing hard get, like most do, demanding that you buy it a fresh battery to make it feel wanted again in order to resume a healthy playful relationship. pay up

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Blue-Sun

Elite Member

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

Insure Gal

Sorry
No updates as of yet it is always a long winter here on the east coast of Canada so have lotsa time to iron out but presently trickling the batt.
Thanks for the advice and help will advise in April Or Maywhen winter starts to take a back seat to spring

BKP

Sorry
No updates as of yet it is always a long winter here on the east coast of Canada so have lotsa time to iron out but presently trickling the batt.
Thanks for the advice and help will advise in April Or Maywhen winter starts to take a back seat to spring
Whew.... We're deep into summer by May, down here... Good luck with the thaw...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

Insure Gal

Trickling batt did not work so off to dealer to try batt
Where are the fuses for inst cluster got every thing else

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Insure Gal

Man I am disgusted now
Can't find why still I have only the orange background without any digital display like speedo ,fuel,level, nothing and tach not working
All I figure is to replace whole cluster or advise please?
1 is there a way to reset?
2 if it is through battery disconnect how long should I disconnect and wait
3 is there a separate ground wire somewhere besides the plug in the rear of cluster?
4 should I just go and disconnect entire cluster and bring to dealer
5 if I should have to replace cluster is there a memory chip to be removed and placed in the new one for mileage ?

Insure Gal

Pops forgot to mention that battery was substituted with the one from the bandit and still no ****ing change to cluster
Oh yea unplugged computer and plugs by the fork neck reattached and **** all

Last edited:

bleedinblue

Elite Member

Insure Gal

It looks like the cluster is caput will get it off the bike and tested soon
This is goin to be expensive I bet just imagine only 6700 Kim's or about 3500 miles ,should not have happened , and as of late I have heard of so many different yamaha a around here with electrical problems :mad:

Insure Gal

Instrument cluster problem

Changed heading in order to get some more attention
Am still really puzzled by this
Just wondering if Martha is still around maybe he could shed more light

Bert-Aus

Sorry if this is a dumb question,
...but have you taken to a Yamaha dealer as yet?

Even if they just have a look, they may know straight away or have some indication as to why?
-if they are reputable they will atleast give you free advice or clues as to the possibilities

Otherwise try an Auto-electrician if you have one near you who has some experience with bikes.

Another thing to check is if there is any corrosion within plugs -as in the contact patches may have that greeny copper tinge to them somewhere?
If you find any of this get a wire tooth brush or steel wool and clean the contact patches up ?? -have done this before on cars and old bikes electricals with shoddy connections ...worth a shot