WTB: Racing Boots

ylwf3vr

Anyone selling racing boots? I want to see if I like wearing them but don't want to fork up the cash to buy brand new in case I don't like them (and be in the same case as this helmet.. non returnable).. I wear Size 9

rregal

Attachments

Detrich

Good race boots are slightly uncomfortable to walk around in, because they're not really designed to be all-day walk around in shoes- just comfortable when riding. They are rigid at the ankles, toes, and shins to provide support in the event of a crash.

The rigidity of race boots takes some time to get used to, because you might initially feel like you can't feel your feet in the same way- for braking shifting. But, you'll get used to it after a few times.

If u can afford it, look for race boots that do not bend side-to-side at all at the ankles and that have very hard plastic around the toes. These offer better protection. Take a look at the Dainese Torq Pro, Sidi ST, Alpinestars GP Tech etc. The Alpinestars are even CE rated.

latony007

Anyone selling racing boots? I want to see if I like wearing them but don't want to fork up the cash to buy brand new in case I don't like them (and be in the same case as this helmet.. non returnable).. I wear Size 9
Better get used to no returns living over there lol. I actually got a pair from the dealer I got my bike from to give me some extra height but they are not racing books, almost look more like a hiking boot. wish I could find the name they are comfy after break in. There are SOO many, check leather up or jafrum too

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

latony007

Find a place with free shipping (easy) and do a LOT of reviews online then buy a pair, sit on your chair with them on for a while, go to your bike and see how they feel for a bit. Just dont ride in them until you know for sure and you can then return them if needed.[/QUOTE]

He lives in Hawaii, no such thing as free shipping lol

ylwf3vr

Thanks guys! It'll just be for casual riding.. probably not needed really just to communite 30-40 min one way.. but I'd feel more comfortable having good gear on.

I figure more comfortable you are, safer you are because it's one less distraction.

That's one thing I noticed when I had my little cruiser and open face helmet. I was constantly battling wind in my face, worrying about that rock flying into my head, and the helmet wanting to fly off LOL

latony007

Thanks guys! It'll just be for casual riding.. probably not needed really just to communite 30-40 min one way.. but I'd feel more comfortable having good gear on.

I figure more comfortable you are, safer you are because it's one less distraction.

That's one thing I noticed when I had my little cruiser and open face helmet. I was constantly battling wind in my face, worrying about that rock flying into my head, and the helmet wanting to fly off LOL
you can see mine in my picture, comfy enough to walk around in them when you get where your going and they are good to have. Hate changing shoes to go out though, makes me feel like Mr. Rogers lol. Are you the one that had the Suzuki S-40? Try the helmet out more over the weekend? its SOOO nice to have the GPS and the tunes isn't it.

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

ylwf3vr

you can see mine in my picture, comfy enough to walk around in them when you get where your going and they are good to have. Hate changing shoes to go out though, makes me feel like Mr. Rogers lol. Are you the one that had the Suzuki S-40? Try the helmet out more over the weekend? its SOOO nice to have the GPS and the tunes isn't it.
Yea I had the S-40! It's being sold today though lol that bike was so light and nimble. Made tight u-turns all day!

And yes I did try the helmet out all weekend. It's AWESOME to have the music and directions right in without worrying about headphones. I have the Lifeproof mount as well so it's ALMOST like having a car with GPS lol

So the speakers/straps doesn't bother me.. but the modular part does. Everytime I take it off the seam seem to grow lol not sure if I'm suppose to make it full open face before taking it off?

Detrich

Just make sure they do not flex side to side on the heel. Cheaper boots don't have hardshell ankle bracing, and it's actually a very critical part of protecting your feet