WTB: fz6r aftermarket exhaust

Lago

Hey,
I'm virtually new to this forum site. I purchased a 2013 FZ6R recently and have been searching everywhere for a second hand aftermarket exhaust (preferably two brothers) with no luck.
Don't have deep enough pockets to get a brand new one for over $1K. I have read things about Marthy's exhausts also can anyone give me any direction on what the differences are and if anyone is looking at getting rid of any. Would prefer the full system from headers back.
Thanks in advance

p.s. I am situated in Sydney Australia

DiHydro

You can give MJS a call, they make a stainless header that will fit most aftermarket shorty cans.

FZ6R XJ6 2009-2014 Stainless Race Header

The benefit over the Marthy solution is that you can unbolt the stock header, and bolt on the new header, no need for shipping or welding.

Last edited:

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Rumpig

Factory headers are fine and Marthy's diy kit is the easiest and cheapest solution. Be warned shorty's are loud even with the DB killer in.

Lago

Is there any power restriction with using the factory headers and welding an aftermarket tip on?

Lago

How much would I be looking at for the Marthy's DIY kit posted to Sydney Australia?? I know that the AUD isnt good at the moment and it may not be as cheap as I originally thought due to the conversion rate

Lago

and if I use the original headers and weld a tip on myself would I not be able to purchase any slip on and do it this way? Just a thought....any advice would be appreciated!

Last edited:

Rumpig

Yeah you can do that, most slip ons are 50mm. I cut my factory muffler off, refitted the headers, rode to the exhaust shop with the reducer and slip on, then held it all in place while he tack welded it then pulled the headers back off so he could fully weld it. You keep the factory O2 sensor location using the stock headers, R6 didn't have one.