leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

ClickClick5

Psssh. I do that daily going to work. *trollface*

But no really, that....I wont even split the lane in Cali, much less do that stuff!

6R Blackout

That is down right insane!!!!! In a case like that, it doesn't matter how good of a rider you are, anyone of those cars could have pulled out right in front of him and BAM!! I was nervous just watching it. That is something I would never and could never do! Way to SCARY for me.

Mitch21

Wow temporary Russian right there, coz just takes one wrong move from anyone and he is history.

rjohnson5481

i was reading some of the Air Force's literature on Motorcycle safety and they promote lane splitting in heavy traffic. I was amazed.

Bloke

Lane splitting or filtering as us brits call it is perfectly safe...Providing you don't do it like a twat, you slow down do it all in 2nd or 1st if it's not to lumpy and just pootle along.

It's one of the main reasons for commuting on a motorbike. leads to funny moments too, arriving at the front of a 3 lane motorway closure watching the madness as cars are turned around and sent back up the shoulder to the previous junction.

I would probably filter in the US if I was on hols there, your massively wide roads are pretty much purpose built for it. Sucks it's illegal though.

Filtering inner city: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=md1Ah0NPKdw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member
Last edited:

jakeaz

Im sorry but this is happening on every thread why do you guys assume motorcycle riders have such a bad name. I only hear dont kill yourself because as we all know riding a motorcycle is twice as dangerous than a car

Sparkxx1

I lane split and filter in NYC, cops don't say anything really but then again I don't pull crap like that. That's just wrong. I only go 10-15 mph faster than everyone else.

Bloke

Spent most of today filtering through traffic, would say about 40 miles of constant traffic through city and town main roads.

The uk is going through a bit of mental weather session at the moment so everyone in the country has decided to go to the sea side.

Thank goodness it's legal here, most people moved over for me and got a wave of thanks in return, the odd one or two 4x4 took a disliking to it and decided to "squeeze" me but being followed by a friend on a harley has it's perks, man that thing barks when the throttle is blipped.

So yeah miles of filtering done today, done safely, in a low gear, no more than 20mph faster than the other traffic and only when it was slow moving/stopped, I'm not dead and at one point I was following a police biker for a few miles. :)

if I didn't filter, I'd still be in the damn traffic probably.

Sparkxx1

Spent most of today filtering through traffic, would say about 40 miles of constant traffic through city and town main roads.

The uk is going through a bit of mental weather session at the moment so everyone in the country has decided to go to the sea side.

Thank goodness it's legal here, most people moved over for me and got a wave of thanks in return, the odd one or two 4x4 took a disliking to it and decided to "squeeze" me but being followed by a friend on a harley has it's perks, man that thing barks when the throttle is blipped.

So yeah miles of filtering done today, done safely, in a low gear, no more than 20mph faster than the other traffic and only when it was slow moving/stopped, I'm not dead and at one point I was following a police biker for a few miles. :)

if I didn't filter, I'd still be in the damn traffic probably.

On 9/11 I was on NYC trying to get to work, all the cagers were outraged at my lane splitting, but I can't blame them. Security was so tight getting downtown that a block in a cage was taking about 30 min. At one point I got squeezed between cagers and I had to wait 4 lights before anybody could move. If I hadn't split I would have never gotten out of that jam. Luckily it took me 20 minutes to get from 68th street to 59th street. People in cagers? probably took them a minimum of 2 hrs.

Osoreru

His next video: "In Soviet Russia, lane splits you!"

Completely insane. I've got no problem with lane splitting done safely and legally, but he could have been ended so many times during that run. I'll never understand people who do things like that.