Would this 48 lt top box be too big for XJ6?

kma_jg

sammy56

I personally think the 48 litre would be just fine. I myself have a 46 litre Givi and love it. I don't have pics on this PC, but you can find plenty of mine and others (someone has a 52 litre) on this forum. Check out the mods section and search for topcases.

LB

DutchPaul

I've got the 46L as well. It's rock steady just don't put really heavy stuff in it. My GPS showed I traveled at 189 kmh with the top case on, no problems.

kma_jg

Thanks, I found some pictures of a XJ6S with the panniers and some of other cases. I think I'll try the 48lt and see if it works.
Just waiting for the rear carrier to come in...

kma_jg

Got my carrier on Friday. Fitted the carrier Friday and box on Saturday.

The carrier took about 1 hour to fit, but the box a bit lonnger due to fitting and measuring where holes must be drilled. Not too hard after all.

sammy56

Looks great.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

kma_jg

If you sit on it for about 40minutes + your arse get numb. I'm sure it is not the most comfy ride at all.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

motoneta123

I'm looking for a top for my XJ6S to fit the helmet, boots, jacket and pants in. Found this and was wondering if anybody had something similar fitted? Would there be any drag issues with something this size or will it look too big?

motorcycle top box-motorbike luggage/scooter box 48 lt - eBay, Other, Motorcycle Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 20-Sep-10 18:46:14 AEST)
I visit your link: top box is avail for Australia only, what rack do you have? givi?