WOT test!

richierich781

Around 9 am this morning on my way home, I thought to myself, I've never done a high speed test to check for stability after lowering the front 1.25" and installing the clip-ons. The freeway was wide open in front of me and I gunned it, I got it up to 107 mph (stayed there for about 5 seconds) and I got butterflies and a fat smile. The bike was very stable. I love it!

Try going 132and see how your smile gets!!!!! not saying I did it...lol :liar:

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

buzzbomb

Elite Member

richierich781

When lowering the front end, it's not the freeway handling I would be concerned with. It'd be how it handled a fast slow down for a 90 degree turn.

The backroads around here basically developed from farm access roads. It's mostly go straight, stop. Go straight again. However, one can find, within 10 minutes of my house, no less than three, 10mph turns in a 45 or 55mph zone.

Lots more sweepers rated at 35 or 45mph. Straight on down the highway, I think you'd really have to screw with the bike's geometry to mess that up.

I wonder how the lowered front end would act if I was approaching that 10mph corner at high speed, and aggressively downshifting to get a cheek off, and take that that turn at 30mph.

I'm not busting. That's simply what I would be worried about, if I'd changed the geometry of my bike. :Sport:
I know you aint busting!:Sport: I've actually taken it through the paces in the twisties around here and it was more repsonsive with the front lowered. :zombie: (dont mind the zombie) my 3 YO daughter is sitting next to me and asked me to click it cuz it looks cool. hehe

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

buzzbomb

Elite Member

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member