World class idiot

jammer

So I was getting my girl out of storage and putting the battery back in etc. While doing this and talking to my Dad I proceed to hook the ground wire for the Juice box to the POSITIVE side of the battery. Needless to say I now have an engine full of fuel and a trip to the shop tomorrow I guess. Lovely frickin day.

You might try pulling the spark plugs, and sucking the fuel out with some sort of siphon. Then let the bike sit overnight in a warm area to help evaporate the rest of the fuel out. I'm thinking you should probably change the oil too. Maybe point a heater at it, but not one that gets hot enough to warp the plastic.

So I was getting my girl out of storage and putting the battery back in etc. While doing this and talking to my Dad I proceed to hook the ground wire for the Juice box to the POSITIVE side of the battery. Needless to say I now have an engine full of fuel and a trip to the shop tomorrow I guess. Lovely frickin day.
As long as you didnt try to start the hydrolocked motor and blew a hole in your block, its completely fixable without going to the shop... Unless you shorted out the electrical system on the bike... Just do what is posted above and remove spark plugs and change oil want wait a day or two for the gas to evaporate. Then carefully(DO NOT CROSS THREAD THE HEAD!!!) install new spark plugs and reinstall everything without the JB and see if the bike starts. If it doesnt crank, make sure to not force the motor to start or you can blow a hole or bend a connecting rod. Its a long process to deal with a hydrolocked motor but easier than if it were water being in the motor.

buzzbomb

Elite Member
Last edited:

buzzbomb

Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member
I misread your post and put in a ban. That was totally my mistake. I have deleted that post and am currently attempting to contact Admin. I take full responsibility for my mistake.
Huh? What?

buzzbomb

Elite Member

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

jammer

I had the bike stored about 35 miles from home but 1000 feet from the Yamaha shop, so they are taking care of it for me.