Woot, full license!

zcypher

So last summer I bought my 2013 FZ6R and put around 4000km on her during my first season. Only problem was that with a "learners license", I always needed an accompanying rider - not allowed to ride by myself. Royal pain in the ***, such a stupid rule. Until yesterday when I passed my road test and got my full license. WOOT!!

So ive been thinking of what things to get. Seems a mount for cell phone might be handy to make use of GPS. Anyone have any experience with those?

What about bike covers? For now she'll be parked outside, so I want to protect her from the elements at least a bit! What do you guys recommend?

m3tric

I bought a Formosa cover from Amazon, but I haven't opened it up yet. I'd also be interested in seeing what others did for a cell phone mount

sillysoviet

So last summer I bought my 2013 FZ6R and put around 4000km on her during my first season. Only problem was that with a "learners license", I always needed an accompanying rider - not allowed to ride by myself. Royal pain in the ***, such a stupid rule. Until yesterday when I passed my road test and got my full license. WOOT!!

So ive been thinking of what things to get. Seems a mount for cell phone might be handy to make use of GPS. Anyone have any experience with those?

What about bike covers? For now she'll be parked outside, so I want to protect her from the elements at least a bit! What do you guys recommend?
Congrats man! I just got my Full endorsement on Tuesday and went on my first legal night ride last night. :D

mxw1090

My bike is in the garage at home, but I have to park in the open at work. The AZ sun destroys everything so I have a Covermax half bike cover. I like the half covers because you can put it on the bike as soon as you park. If you get the full cover you have to wait until the bike cools or the hot exhaust will destroy the cover.

Therzdae

Congrats on the license!

I believe we have a group buy of motorcycle covers, or a vender buy or something I feel like I saw on here.

As far as the phone holder, I have one that is leather with a little plastic view top part that mounts on my bars, however if you ride for trips I would suggest adding a 12V port to charge the phone as you use for GPS, or music... or movies

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

zcypher

Thanks for all the great input! What do you guys think about the Yamaha cover for our bikes? Worth the premium compared to other brands? They say it's fine to put it on right after riding, that hot exhaust won't hurt it? I dunno.

Also, I was thinking of getting at least a disc lock since it will be parked outside for at least this season. For those that park outside most of the time, what has been your experience and what do you prefer as far as disc locks go? Worth getting one? I see a lot of more expensive bikes parked outside all the time, and I could have a worse spot to park mine really, but still - i'd rather not have it be the absolute easiest thing to steal.

Thoughts?

zcypher

Are the XENA locks any good, something like the XX6?

Also what about GPS systems that can notify you as soon as the bike is moved - worth it? A quick google search reveals a few like kryptonite, phantom, scorpio. Seems like it would be a good idea...