Womens jackets (alterations)

JSP

Super Moderator
Hey!

Looking for a jacket for my wife has become a huge ordeal! She is very picky, not wanting a really girly jacket, just a plain but still feminine jacket. She found the Fieldsheer Corsair jacket for a great price $130. (not the 2.0)

Problem is, she is somewhat shorter, small chest, but looooong arms! looking at all the size options, the only one that will fit her arm is a 10, which leaves lots of room in the chest area which will most likely bunch up on her.

Can or has anyone gotten a textile jacket altered? Could we make the chest tighter for her?

Does anyone have any experience with this particular jacket? We already bought it at close out and there are no returns/exchanges, etc. Havent got it yet to test the fit, just going off of the charts. If its just plain too huge we will most likely just sell it since we got such a great deal we shouldnt have a hard time making that back.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Heineken

Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
:thumbup:
Just take some pics of your wife wearing the jacket and point at the problem areas. Also take some pics of the jacket showing the inside-out seams. I'll ask my father, he is a master tailor with some 35 years of experience, he'll be able to tell you what and how it can be done.
Once we get the jacket and it truely is a problem, I can do that :thumbup:

RandiZ

I've had good luck with the Cortech brand. Their motorcycle jackets fit me all the way around -- similar to your wife's build. In general men's jackets don't fit me well in the chest mostly because I don't have a man's broad shoulders.

porky45

Attachments