WINTERS CoMING

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

ajskillz13

Just picked up one of these and used it this morning. The top layer is thin so it's comfy in the helmet and the bottom is toasty around the neck! It's so good under a helmet except for the fact that I would instant fog unless my shield was cracked. It fills up any space at the bottom for breath to escape. I might try it another morning with the neck warmer below my chin.

All-in-all, great product! No doubt I will use it next time I snowboard. I hate smashing a sock hat under my helmet.

Sparkxx1

Just picked up one of these and used it this morning. The top layer is thin so it's comfy in the helmet and the bottom is toasty around the neck! It's so good under a helmet except for the fact that I would instant fog unless my shield was cracked. It fills up any space at the bottom for breath to escape. I might try it another morning with the neck warmer below my chin.

All-in-all, great product! No doubt I will use it next time I snowboard. I hate smashing a sock hat under my helmet.

I want this one, Klim Balaclava - Snow - Motorcycle Superstore .

I'm going to check out the turtle one though. Thanks!

Bartholomew

I am one of the lucky ones who can usually ride year round. Actually, I ride more in the winter, spring, and fall, than during the heat of the summer! Even riding nude doesn't keep you cool when it is 110 degrees outside!
During the spring here, you sometimes have to watch out for hail storms. I punched through a hail storm in west Texas once and don't plan on ever doing that again! I was told by a local Sheriff that there was a tornado in that storm, but I never saw it. The hail didn't damage my bike, but I took a beating, even with my armor on!

OH, btw This is my first post on these forums. I have a 2007 FZ6 and my wife just bought a 2011 FZ6R. :)

AngryAnt

I am one of the lucky ones who can usually ride year round. Actually, I ride more in the winter, spring, and fall, than during the heat of the summer! Even riding nude doesn't keep you cool when it is 110 degrees outside!
During the spring here, you sometimes have to watch out for hail storms. I punched through a hail storm in west Texas once and don't plan on ever doing that again! I was told by a local Sheriff that there was a tornado in that storm, but I never saw it. The hail didn't damage my bike, but I took a beating, even with my armor on!

OH, btw This is my first post on these forums. I have a 2007 FZ6 and my wife just bought a 2011 FZ6R. :)

Welcome Bartholomew. I can understand the sentiment, especially with a jacket over 100 degrees with high humidity is miserable. Afternoons through the winter here are usually rather pleasant, although its the morning rides to work that get a little chilly for my taste. Last year I made it through with handgrips and a scarf under my jacket, this year I'll step up to hand guards, grips, and then go from there :)

Crocop43

I bought the hot grips for my bike anyone know how to install these things cause they didn't come with instructions grrrrrrrr ohhh any anybody got any links for some handguards?

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

AngryAnt

I ordered a set of Powermadd hand guards and oxford heated grips a couple days ago. I've got to figure out this "relay" thing first before the install (no, I'm not electically inclined) because I don't trust myself to not leave it on and drain the battery...

I also bought a balaclava, a gps mount, and a vista cruise. Funny how you buy one thing how easy it is to just keep buying...

Next up, Givi V35's sometime in November!

Crocop43

Motorcycle super store have a good selection.
yeah i bought them from motorcycle superstore...but they forgot to include directions.......grrrrrrrrreat

AngryAnt

Anybody have a good detailed pics of their installed hang guards? I'm having trouble getting them mounted where they're not so close my fingers hit them reaching for the brake / clutch, and not so far away they're hit the mirrors and prevent a full lock turn of the handlebars.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

AngryAnt

I haven't found one that fit great yet. I end up getting a set with mirror... So I removed the bunny ears for winter or until I find a better solution.

I end up making custom bracket... still not 100% perfect but good enough for now.
Thanks Marthy. I'll play with it some more and post some pics tonight, but what are us poor riders that don't know how to make our own stuff supposed to do through winter :thumbup:

Bloke

I'm grabbing a pair of Oxford bone dry bar muffs and my normal riding kit is 4 season stuff so will just zip in my jacket liner and storm collar.

So it'll be

Joe rocket ballistic 5.0 trousers
Hein gericke cruise II GTX jacket
Hein gericke maxwell GTX boots
Hein gericke x-traffit gloves
And the oxford bone dry bar muffs.

Rode with cold hands last year and stopping the bike became a battle against the pain of contracting my fingers on a freezing lever and the need to stop. Lol. Never again.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Crocop43

Yeah I can't figure out how to install these hot grips without making it look like crap so I'm just gonna take it to the dealer and have them install my hot grips

AngryAnt

So far not impressed with my hand guards, but I think my heated grips will work out alright. I'll try and post some pics / thoughts on them over the next day or two.

Anybody found any good deals on a winter jacket? All I got is my Joe Rocket Phoenix 5.0, and I know its gonna get a little cold for that jacket. I'd love to get a nice leather winter jacket, but can't quite drop the $250 - $400 I'm seeing on most of them so far. Anything you know that runs small or comes in small sizes would be nice to know too - one reason I like my Joe Rocket is it fits great for "fun size" people. :rolleyes:

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

Crocop43

Haha that picture wow I bet he's cold....but I'd be damned if in riding my bike in the snow.....even if it is my only mode of transportation.....anyways does anybody have a "how to" on installing heated handle grips? I've tried to find one o. The search but no luck

Crocop43

Marthy I love the look of ur windscreen where can I get one of those?