winter

F

FZ6R_Blue

No snow here but a lot of ice...its not hitting me so bad yet because i put about 100miles on this week before the cold hit

oyamyers

:confused:Winter??? What's that?:confused:

TokenSSDD

BoneJj

Until you try to ride some curves. Then.... Yeah...
we may not have the mountain roads but we do have some decent flat curvy roads around here. I like to ride around the curves myself and I've found a few decent roads for it. I just need to keep looking for some more.... lol.

Bloke

Well today was a mistake. Saw sunshine... pleasant ride to the parents place.

Had to scrape ice off of the seat to head back.

Few back end shimmies on black ice and my hands... 2 miles in I couldn't feel them anymore, 40 miles later I was beginning to find it difficult to maintain throttle position as my entire hand and wrist had started going numb.

Made it another 10 miles home and knelt beside the bike holding the engine, actually more like hugging the engine with my hands for 15 minutes until it hurt too bad from defrosting to hold on and then jammed my finger in my brake disc trying to put on a disk lock.

I got home about an hour ago and im still in pain.

Winter is a bastard.

Outside thermometer is showing -5c so guessing its 20 something farenheit?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

BoneJj

Yikes! Glad you made it home safe. That's pretty dangerous.
no kidding, that's just not a good situation at all. I would have just gone slower, sounds like you should have taken some thicker gloves or left some on the bike. I have some serious ones that I just found in the back of my closet. I forgot that I even owned them, they are from my time in the military where we were in sub zero temps all the time. They are pretty new as well, I had to have them replaced not long before I left that base and then never used them again...

Bloke

Aye was one of those "i should know better moments" but was just unprepared glove wise :( just glad I got home in one piece in the end.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member