Winter Olympics - Poll

Will you be Watching the Olympics

• Total voters

latony007

Well the Olympics are starting officially on Friday with the opening ceremonies and i believe tomorrow Hockey and Curling get started.

I am a huge fan of the Olympics and will set my DVR to record as much as possible across the 4 or 5 channels its on. Since this is the slowest thread day ever (a resurrected tank/tailbag,what do you do for a living and the brits and bobbins has been about it today lol) i thought i would try my first poll.

Will you be watching the Olympics? and of course comments.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

dcBear78

As a HUGE hockey fan (yeah, I know I am an Aussie) I will be glued to the telly waiting for every bit I can. This is the only time it is on TV here, and is very popular when it is (well very few games are shown on cable, but I don't have that). I just hope like hell they just feed directly from the Canadian/US broadcast and commentary. Nothing worse than Aussies trying commentate on this game. I think they did it for the Nagano Olympics and it was cringe worthy. Every other one since has been real, experienced commentary.

I also don't mind watching the speed skating and some of the ski events although they get a bit repetitious.

edit: My daughter wearing her Jonathon Toews sweater

2nd edit: Some of my others... I like collecting my favourite players, but am a Hawks fan deep down.

Also have a home Flyers Scott Hartnell sweater

Last edited:

Maadi

I won't be seeing much of it (we have over the air broadcast only) but I love watching ice hockey, cross country skiing and ski jumping! Basically the ones where us Finns might actually be successful... ;)

Sage

Work for an NBC station, so I get to watch and run commercials when I have to for every shift while they're going on haha

Fizzer6R

will watch some.

puts a damper on things if even half off the reports are correct, proves how corrupt russia really is, guess the rumors are true :mad:

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

Bert-Aus

Most definately watching!

I cant get enough of watching it if is on
The snowboarding events, ski-jumps and aerials and the newer head to head race events!
I cant stand any of the comentating though -good thing I have excellent selective hearing
Bruce Farcking Macveney shit the lot of 'em

latony007

Most definately watching!

I cant get enough of watching it if is on
The snowboarding events, ski-jumps and aerials and the newer head to head race events!
I cant stand any of the comentating though -good thing I have excellent selective hearing
Bruce Farcking Macveney shit the lot of 'em
i love anything that is a race. All the skiing, speed skating, luge, bobsled i eat all that stuff up. Although i think that snowboard thing they had on last night was kinda lame, i love the snowboard cross though that rocks. Of course the hockey is always awesome too

Bert-Aus

Forgot to mention Bobsled, Luge & Skeleton...
How mental is the Skeleton?!?!!!!

Luge guys were like "this is too hard to see, I know lets go head-first!!!"

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

latony007

Forgot to mention Bobsled, Luge & Skeleton...
How mental is the Skeleton?!?!!!!

Luge guys were like "this is too hard to see, I know lets go head-first!!!"

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2
i think the luge guys were like, hey we keep surviving these crashes, lets come up with something where we are almost certain to die if we crash.. the skeleton is born! They go so fast and that thing is nothing but a 1/4 piece of sheet over two blades. Well at least they wear lots of protective gear, oh wait, its just a helmet and thats it.