Winter bike goodies thread

CrazyCawi

What have you guys started to buy this winter to have ready to rock and roll come this coming riding season?

I have gotten my impaktech crash cage, along with spiegler brake lines, k&n filter, tech specs, new RBF brake fluid. Also took my headlights out and sent to fzWHITE to have him put in Angel eyes. Hyper sport s20s as well.

Pending things I plan to get or do this winter: powder coat my wheels to match the crash cage, -1,+2 sprocket setup and new chain, and redo my HIDs as the guy wired em weird for my bike I think. Also considering bazzaz Zfi and TC-used of course.

Show off your goodies and tell of your winter plans

Bloke

Sorted out luggage for mine, then after almost getting frostbite riding in -2 centigrade with summer gloves I sorted myself out with some heated clothing, got myself a bodywarmer and inner gloves along with a heat controller, just need to wire them up and I'm good to carry on riding,

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

CrazyCawi

I installed a Stebel Nautilus compact horn for starters. Here's a video I made for the Triumph675.net forum comparing it to the stock horn on the FZ6R:

Stebel horn on Street Triple vs. FZ6R stock horn - YouTube

Also (you might catch the left one in the video) I've installed my Rizoma front signals, as well as some carbon fiber swingarm covers. While I had the airbox off to do the wiring for the signals I went ahead and removed my AIS hardware and replaced them with the Driven block offs. I just need to make sure I don't forget to plug her into my laptop so I can switch off the AIS sensor before I fire her back up next spring.

Right before I left to go out of town for work my Sargent seat came in, so that's nice.

All I have left for my winter projects is to swap out my front brakes and forks for the Daytona 675 ones I got used for a good price, as well as install the front and rear black billet aluminum brake reservoirs.
The reservoirs, where did you get them, generic ones or bike specific? Love the horn. With the signals, do you notice them being very bright in daylight compared to protons on the fz6r, or average light output?

Fizzer6R

hey thanks for clipping your toe nails for that pic :cool:

bmw675

I installed new clip-ons and grips last week and now just waiting on my new throttle tube. Plans are to pick up a set of track plastics after the first of the year a d paint them up.

CC, since you are going to be bleeding your brakes, I'd recommend the motion pro mini bleeder. That thing works awesome. Is basically a speed bleeder in tool form.

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

CrazyCawi

Well finally got the wheels off...pain in the ass

BoneJj

My winter goodies include me getting my goodies on the bike and riding for a couple hundred miles this weekend in some really nice weather....

SpawnXX

Premium Member

darksidefz6r

Already bought a r6 slipon and built exhaust and AIS block off plates. Have PCV and k&n air filter on the way. Will be ordering bars and grips soon and hopefully front fork springs and oil.