will this stand work?

edk442

i saw this stand and thought it looked like a simple way to store my bike:

Motorcycle Jack | Canadian Tire

but now that i think about it, is there a solid surface (like a frame) on our bike so that a stand like this can be used? seems as though it would be resting on the exhaust?

FitZ6R

I think I recall someone saying they had lifted a 6R from under the exhaust without any damage, but I wouldn't recommend it. The other concern is that hydraulic lifts may slowly sink over time... not good for storage, since the bike could tip over it the jack bottoms out.

Really, you don't need a lift for storage.

edk442

well this one has integrated locks so relieve the pressure on the hydraulic. it was recommended to me by a guy at work, but he rides a harley and that was sort of my thinking too. i've seen a few different versions of this type of lift and they always picture a cruiser on it

Last edited:

edk442

Really, you don't need a lift for storage.
this is my first winter having a bike in storage. by the time it's ready to come out it'll have been 6 months. i wanted to keep it up off the ground to avoid getting flat spots on the tires. it's in a heated garage but it's also at my parents house 3 hours away so i can't roll it around too often

i think i'll be buying the centre stand to go along with the rest of my recent purchases