will r6 headers fit my 2012 fz6r?

sdvolcom

Im looking into buying a moto gp exhaust for my bike, i was told to look into r6 headers. I honestly only know the bare minimum knowledge of my bike. Can someone please help me?

LS6TT

First, welcome

Yes the r6 header from 02 will but you'll have to do some work on making sure it doesn't hit the oil pan.

Search will turn a lot up for you.

bleedinblue

Elite Member

wilcya

i recently have done the2002 r6 header on my 2012. i know a guy with a exhaust shop and he told me instead of bending it he would create a sleeve. essentially making it longer so you can have more oil pan clearance. i put a RLS slip on the bike and sounds like a beast ! bolts up super easy i also bought new gaskets as well just for security. all he had to do was some small cuts and welding for the sleeve to fit. id recommend get an inspection done before doing this so youll pass.

Attachments

mikeonabike

header possibilities

I used an '03 r6 header on mine, however it would stand to reason that an '04 should work also. I used the '03 because i found it on ebay for $60. It did require a slight bend to allow for clearance of the oil pan. That slight bend did require a lot of heat and patience. I also went ahead and welded a modified spacer to the terminal end of the header. This allowed me to use a stock titanium can from a '15 r6. I am still planning to shorten the can, but for now it works.