Why is the fuel mileage not better???

LocoLechero

after all my mods im only getting 28 mpg :eek: i think something might be wrong? any thoughts ??

latony007

after all my mods im only getting 28 mpg :eek: i think something might be wrong? any thoughts ??
thats really low, even if you drive it pretty hard, but once you get into the juice box thingys anything could happen and i have no experience. I think Scott or Marthy are the juice box pros.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

LocoLechero

I tripped my trip counter on the last tank but im pretty sure it was 100 miles and i pumped 3.5 gallons- im using premium fuel if that matters- would installing the exhaust incorrectly affect my MPG i mean not having seated the headers correctly? if not then im really confused everything seems right other than some gas stink when i accelerate hard - im using marthy's sport rev b for 2bros and i dialed my mid-range down on the box 10% i was think of dialing the low range down 10% but i don't wanna run lean in any gears ya know - im not leaking any fuel either- not sure what else to do but bring it to my dealer and ask them to do a once over which im sure they will charge me out the *** just to look :mad:
i'll have to see what this next tank puts out , been raining alot these last few days here :(

Riccochet

Mine is stock and only gets around 40 mpg. If I baby it I'll get 42-44. Not all engines are the same. There is a tolerance for mileage that is acceptable. So it will fluctuate from bike to bike, I'd say, 15% from the 43 mark. That's as low as 37ish and as high as 49 ish.

ej'sfz

Even when im hittin it hard in the corners on the commute Im gettin 48... sometimes even 50-51. Just depends on the day I guess... and Im runnin 6800-8k on the freeway for about 30 miles a day and the other 30 is in some twisters....

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

rrob5382

i just got 48 MPG on my very first tank of gas in this bike, still getting broken in too. 101 miles on just over 2 gallons of gas. And i thought it was supposed to be worse during break in:cool:

Bert-Aus

I have had the best mileage ever lately!
but then it is only because I haven't ridden in 10 weeks:(

adamo3957

It's really very simple,

Increased fuel mileage is achieved via decrease throttle position. for best results get off and push...

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

LocoLechero

last tank got 41 mph which im thrilled about - switched back to the pre-loaded 2bros map and dialed down my low end and mid-range 10% - couldn't be happier at this point :D

Blues16

fuel

I just purchased my 2013 with 2800 miles and I am only getting 26 mpg driving most interstate @ 80 mph, I was getting 49 mpg with my 09 vstrom 650.

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

yellowfz

Could the fuel mileage be directly effected by the speedo issue?

I mean recorded mileage not actual of course.
If you haven't changed plugs do so, and gap them to 0.028 in which is the lower end of the spectrum you will notice a peppier response and better fuel mileage, plus has wear-room so-to-speak on the gap tolerance.
Speedo is not off that far, maybe 3%, besides when you get the speedo mph correct the odometer is off slightly (under), before I got the Speed Healer Speedo adjuster I still got between 47 and 51 mpg @ 75 to 80 mph, dropping one tooth on the front sprocket didn't affect mileage at all, which I ran until stock chain (one link became rusted) crapped out (stock chain was old stock I suspect) @ 34,000 miles. I have a chain oil system I made now, chain stays nice and oiled.

When it is colder you will use slightly more fuel than normal.
Make sure the intake is not restricted by something.
Brakes aren't rubbing?
You are in top gear?
Clutch isn't slipping?
Just throwing things out that might cause fuel mileage loss.