white smoke??

rob123

If anyone can answer my question i would really appriate it. I started my bike yesterday to take it out and when I started it white smoke was pouring out of the exhaust. Now I was wondering what this could be? And I let the temp get up and i took it around the block and it was still smoking pretty bad so I brought it home. And its weird the bike only has 250 miles on it.

Again any answer would help thanks.

CrazyCawi

Or a buildup of moisture. Did it recently rain? If moisture in the system is pressent it can cause this.

JSP

Super Moderator
Sounds like moisture... What does it smell like? Is it like a car running on a really cold morning or a solid white smoke rather than a mist? Check your oil level and see what your oil smells like. Is it milky/frothy?

CrazyCawi

Good question JSP I forgot to mention that part about the frothy oil

rob123

yeah its raining for the past couple days. And its pure white smoke and it doesn't smell good at all. But the oil looks clean

JSP

Super Moderator
yeah its raining for the past couple days. And its pure white smoke and it doesn't smell good at all. But the oil looks clean

Hmm.. I think it may still just be condensation in the exhaust. BUT does it ever go away after you ride it? Have you ever smelled a car/truck with a bad head gasket and smelled THAT smoke? Just curious. Take it to the dealer if you are concerned as I assume its under warranty.

Can you get a video of it?

rob123

well i was concerned so i didn't go to far only around the block and it was still smoking. And no i haven't smelled a car or truck with a bad head gasket. Someone told me to check the coolant but I will be honest I don't know how.

JSP

Super Moderator
Is it a thick heavy smoke that you can pretty much taste... Its hard to describe haha. Once you smell it, its something you will always recognize again. If its bad, then the oil can be milky like mixed with the oil and the level can be higher.

Look anything like this???

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OV_QD_yFlo"]YouTube - ‪Civic smoking Blown head gasket‬‏[/ame]

May not be this much volume but is it thick and hang around like this?

Or this?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ighvs30IQPI"]YouTube - ‪04 Impala SS blown head gasket‬‏[/ame]

Last edited:

CrazyCawi

Headgasket failure will smell sweet from my expirience. Same with intakes :)

JSP

Super Moderator
If you are saying its heavy and thick like that, I'm going coolant in the oil... ie: head gasket most likely. You would usually have a higher oil level/milky oil since the coolant will be mixing with the oil though. And like CC said, its a sweet type of smell and its thick you can taste it.

Get it to the dealer and have them check it out before you ride it any more.