While Driving, I roll on the throttle and my RPM's Skyrocket

Xanroth

Okay, sounds stupid... "Duh, when you roll on the throttle your RPM's are supposed to skyrocket!"

No.. lol

When Im driving and I go to punch it... I roll kinda hard, but my RPM's go up 2 or 3k with just a mild roll.. with a loud rev in the engine.. but the bike doesnt go any faster... Its almost like the bike goes into neutral for a second.. but when I let off the throttle and bring it back.. its fine..

I never had any problems with the throttle (even after I wrecked).. I replaced the handlebars.. and now its happening...

Any idea's? I wish I had a Camera to wear and record it..

I tried adjusting the throttle cable, but that didnt do anything...

/sigh

-X

DerekVinyard

Clutch is definitely slipping. Adjust the lever so there is a little free play, if it still slips you need a new clutch. They aren't that expensive if you do the work yourself ( and it's easy).

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

yfz6r

Says the bike is a 2011 in his info. If your clutch is already slipping you've been doing something very wrong.

How much free play is in the lever?

Get to about 15mph, put it in 3rd and gas it hard. The bike shouldn't rev much doing this. If it does, your clutch is probably dying.

S

SkyOrDie

A slipping clutch already? Did some car oil sneak its way in there? Did you go +1 on the front sprocket and now slip the bejesus out of it when you hammer it at every stoplight? Do you ride 50,000 miles per year?

I always want to hear about operating conditions leading up to longevity issues.

Chevyfazer

Says the bike is a 2011 in his info. If your clutch is already slipping you've been doing something very wrong.

How much free play is in the lever?

Get to about 15mph, put it in 3rd and gas it hard. The bike shouldn't rev much doing this. If it does, your clutch is probably dying.
the year of the bike makes no difference if it has a lot of miles on it. its the mileage and usage that im interested in

Last edited:

MichaelInVenice

Lot of Class, Mostly Low
Elite Member

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member
Last edited:

Xanroth

Sorry for the late responce :

Bike is a 2011, has less than 4500 miles on it. I dont drive hard, ever... and I always shift between 6k and 7k... never redlined it, never driven over 120mph.

I'm guessing its the clutch cable to tight.. im going to check it as soon as I go out for lunch..

Thanks for the awesome advice, and I'll get back after lunch!!

-X

Chevyfazer

yeah with that few of miles you should be seeing no issues with the clutch itself, but yes check the adjustment and let us know

efforex

6R Blackout

Wonder where he went for lunch? Now I am hungry as well LOL:eek:

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

efforex

Wonder where he went for lunch? Now I am hungry as well LOL:eek:
Maybe he road tripped to get the parts after lunch.

Sounds like something i would do.