Which color

chopper71

I have House of Kolor Brandywine Pearl right now. Was going to go with that, but now seeing the Tangelo Pearl I'm kinda torn between the two. So come on people help me decide. I know the decision is mine but would like some input. I believe the bike would look great either way.

Last edited:

Maadi

The orange doesn't look very "pearly" in the picture of the tank. If in real life it has a nice gold sheen to it, I'd go with the orange. If it is more a straight up orange, I wouldn't choose it.

ksk operator 1

Are you meaning the Tangelo Pearl? If so I believe that is what I'm going to go with. Was thinking both of those colors would look awesome together.
tangelo pearl. yep!!! go with that one.

Makes me wonder what wild stuff i could come up with, for now. Yamaha blue is the route. :cool:

chopper71

The orange doesn't look very "pearly" in the picture of the tank. If in real life it has a nice gold sheen to it, I'd go with the orange. If it is more a straight up orange, I wouldn't choose it.
It's got plenty of Pearl. I will pray there is no gold sheen to it. I don't want a gold sheen bike. That would go against wanting a orange colored bike.

buzzbomb

Elite Member

chopper71

Went with the Tangelo Pearl and so far I have the back fairing and rear seat cowl done. Pictures will soon follow. Man oh man is this color freaking sweet.

chopper71

Okay so here are the back fairings and rear seat cowl. 4 coats of clear and will be able to color sand Sunday then buff. Gas tank and headlight fairing hopefully getting done tomorrow. Picture does not do this color any justice.

buzzbomb

Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

chopper71

I like the tangelo, but I don't think I'd want the while bike that color. Just seems too bright. Maybe once you're done I will change my mind though. Are you actually painting everything, or plasti-dipping? Sorry don't have time to read back through the thread since I am working on my Discrete Mathematics homework. UGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!! Sorry, it's killing me slowly. Fighting to keep my B average. Anyways, can't wait to see the finished product. Rock on :rockon:
The whole bike is not that color. Just the tank, headlight fairing,back tail fairing, and the radiator guard. The side fairings and everything else will stay black. The rear seat cowl I've changed my mind and going to re do it black. To help break up the orange some. Yes its bright and hopefully aid in safety. If someone can't see this bike now on the road and hits me. Well then they shouldn't be driving to start with. Yes everything is painted using House of Kolors paint and 2K clear.

chopper71

Here are a few done things. I didn't have enough paint so I have more coming in to finish the bike. I did reflective orange graphics and well the pictures will speak for themselves. The graphics are about the same color as the orange I'm painting the bike. The one picture they look kinda yellow orange but they are not.

tank close to being done

Last edited: